Mark LaFountain

3 ICON 10D2s Build log > 2006 Toyota Solara

look good in the pics!

but better in person!

that car going to pound!

Well, we picked out some fabric, starting to get the box done, and then......

Cory bought a new car. LOL, he got a 2007 Camry SE with V6, sweet upgrade in cars if you ask me. The box will fit this car perfect, but it will take a little "massaging" to get it in there. Here's updates as of last night. I will be another couple days to get this entire build done so bare with me.

corysbuild%20011.JPG

corysbuild%20012.JPG

corysbuild%20013.JPG

corysbuild%20014.JPG

corysbuild%20015.JPG

corysbuild%20016.JPG

corysbuild%20017.JPG

corysbuild%20018.JPG

Still have to Second Skin the trunk, doors, install new front door speakers, finish the head unit install, run all the wires...sunday hopefully

dammit. Well the first few pictures look good anyway. Still can't see them all from work the page just shuts down after about 5 or so pictures. Gunna have to wait till tonight to see the whole thing. Looking forward to it tho. This is gonna be a badass build

::edit:: At least you got your subs on time. Freakin UPS :worthless:

Edited by bigtoepfer

dammit. Well the first few pictures look good anyway. Still can't see them all from work the page just shuts down after about 5 or so pictures. Gunna have to wait till tonight to see the whole thing. Looking forward to it tho. This is gonna be a badass build

::edit:: At least you got your subs on time. Freakin UPS :worthless:

Sorry about that man, like I said, thats the first time UPS "mis-handled" our orders. Very eager to see your set up as well. Hope you got the shirt and stickers I sent out.

No its not a big deal man. I don't blame U. Just the UPS. But yeah i got the stickers and shirt right away. Wore them to work. And put the stickers on the car immediately after tinting it. Of course they were sent by the USPS. Maybe thats why they were on time. Oh and the shirt shrank. So i'm probably gonna have to order another one.

Sorry for stealing the thread btw. I think the build is awesome.

ya, all the shirts have a certain amount of shrinkage, thats hanes for you. NExt run i'll use different shirts.

the shirts are awesome. I love them. I just need to get a 3X next time

Here's the updates on this build.

Spent around 20hrs straight and finished it for the most part.

Went and saw Anthony from second skin again. He set me up with what was needed to do this car. His product is awesome! Sticks to anything it seems. Only thing you really hear after all is said and done was the plastic license plate frame which is a gonna next time I see that car. Deadened the trunk area. 432^in of deadening in just the trunk. Deadened the front doors after the trunk was done as well. Power wire, RCA, Speaker Wire, run, deck in stalled. Using an Eclipse head unit for the time being untill Cory gets a double DIN navigation unit.

As far as the amps go. They are temp. mounted in the spare tire well untill we can figure out a better configuration of them, so for now the are there. The amps are kicker zx1500.1 & 350.4. Added the new Pioneer 6X9s with the volacano rock in them, just had to try them out. Also added a pair of clarion tweets in the front dash. The tweets will get replaced i'm sure as the money comes in.

73 pics on page 3 of this thread...if you missed them..

corysfinalbuild%20074.JPG

At the point we quit for the day we had it playing. This box hit the lows very very well. Turned out very well considering it's a trunk car with no folding seat. We'll have to deaden the roof, floors, and get the doors some more later down the road as well. Also going to be adding a battery soon of course. But for now, this has turned out pretty well.

Oh ya, of course I'll get vids of this today at some point, so keep your eye's pealed for that as well.

I'll update this build log when we get the amp rack finished as well. Thanks for looking.

Flush mount looks great on the fabric.

MAN ///// SICK BUILD........do yall think yall could have made it any sicker? Geez......looks great yall.....keep it up......I bet those ICONS are crazy

well it's still not over. Amp rack, batteries next...and i'm sure it won't end there still...

damn those 10s look really good oddly enough if you went with an inverse mount style. Looking forward to a video to see how those things react to that 1500.1