Goldtaz1

15" BTL enclosure question?

Guys, I know the BTL enclosure recommendation for the 15" BTL is 3-5 cubes net, however I also know that required volume is also dependent on power supplied. I was wanting to know if there would be any problems with running (3) 15" BTL's in a 8 cube net shared chamber enclosure? I should have roughly 3500 watts on tap for each sub, but I will not submit them to that much power, I was just wondering what I could get away with in terms of enclosure size? This is a daily beater.

@ the least I wouldnt do any less than 3.4ft3 and 60sq" of port AFTER sub and port displacement. and that is per sub.

@ the least I wouldnt do any less than 3.4ft3 and 60sq" of port AFTER sub and port displacement. and that is per sub.

I'm not so sure about that statement because I have heard someone say something about 2.5 cubes net. Maybe I'm going crazy, but I think that's what I read. Also, big enclosures are not always necessary. Meade is using 5 cubes net per 18" BTL with 4000 watts per woofer. Like I said, enclosure volume is very dependent on available power. If I didn't have the power for them I would agree with you, but I have more than enough power on tap to go smaller, I just don't know how much smaller. Maybe one of the Fi techs will chime in.

I run (4) 15" BTL's in a little under 12 ft^3 tuned to 35 Hz. Works great.

How much port area, and what tuning?

I run (4) 15" BTL's in a little under 12 ft^3 tuned to 35 Hz. Works great.

How much port area, and what tuning?

I would be using (3) 6" aero ports tuned to 35 hz. Roughly 84/85 square inches of port.

Damn, I'm a little too accustomed to the instant feedback over on ca.com. Hopefully some other BTL owners will chime in or the Fi owners.