acex3a

4 12's or 2 18s

ok i am building a whole new setup for my truck spending some money for new alt and battery's

now i dont know weather to do 4 12's or 2 18 in the back of my blazer. what would everyone recommend doing if they had the choice. between the 4 12's or 2 18's im not going for pur SPL but i would like my truck to be loud with the bass but also able to hear the music.

anything and any opions are welcome

Edited by acex3a

what subs are you comparing between the 12's and 18's? there's so many other options out there its impossible to tell you an answer

the power you'll be giving them, box sizes, things like that.

Also...your goals may be a bit off. I would say its going to be hard for you to hear the highs over 4 12's or 2 18's depending on how loud you turn them up.

ssa icons. are the subs of choice due to mark living pritty clsoe to me so we are goign to build a box with correct dimentions and stuff. they will be powered by a sundown saz 3000. i figured my goal would be off a lot im not prefect at this why im asking for people help. just wanna show off the icons in az a little. get them out there. i believe a main goal mark and i have for this. just be fun to put together. i guess its more in the lines of SPL mroe then LSQ?

ssa icons. are the subs of choice due to mark living pritty clsoe to me so we are goign to build a box with correct dimentions and stuff. they will be powered by a sundown saz 3000. i figured my goal would be off a lot im not prefect at this why im asking for people help. just wanna show off the icons in az a little. get them out there. i believe a main goal mark and i have for this. just be fun to put together. i guess its more in the lines of SPL mroe then LSQ?

heard great stuff about the ICONS.......I personally have like the sound of 12" woofers / the 18" I heard didn't sound good in the ported box I heard.......the 12" subs would prob. sound a lil better.......know what I mean...

lol no, u may need more then one sundown 3000 to power 4 great subs... but if you get 4 kickers or punch or somthing like that then one sundown will do tha job, i mean its a question of SQ or SPL... of course if your going for SQ u may think about the 12's but for SPL the 18's.....

i know all the SQ guys are gonna have somthing to say now.

i could possibly ge another sundown :)

i wana do the 4 12 i think it be a fun build to do.

lol..... ok what kinda subs

hmm 4 icon 12 off 2 saz3kd's aint that a bit much........u looking at atleast 1500 per sub

can they take that daily...if so u gotta setup that will be loud and sound good doing it

8 cubes with 150 square inches of port tuned to 32hz sounds nice

Edited by 80INCHES

yea i was thinking about 30 32hz sound good. right now i only got one saz. but i heard rumor mark might come out with new line so i dont know :) 4 12's sounds like a fun build too me to do tommorrow night.

We do have a higher power line in the works. But that is all I am going to say now. :)

We do have a higher power line in the works. But that is all I am going to say now. :)

i love how u just kinda drop a little hint about it everynow and then. just enough to keep us hooked

i love how u just kinda drop a little hint about it everynow and then. just enough to keep us hooked

marketing 101 ;)

Thats how you keep people who are about to buy subs holding off just to see what they come out with.... Might be worth it :)

Nothing is close yet. The prototype isn't done either.

A single 3000D should be plenty on the ICON's. Especially if you're upgrading your electrical to support the sundown below 1 ohm. 900wrms per ICON x 4 = 3600w. We all know the SAZ-3000D does more than that at .5 ohms.

One prototype is done, but testing is not. What John said above is correct, would be very nice set up for the ICONs.