soundemon

avalanche 15" subwoofer driver problem

have you tried running power to the sub? could be a bent former, or loose VC. also have you tried taking a flashlight and shining it through the spider to see if theres anything rubbing?

Mine is for sure rubbing now, stopped last night and started again today... I free aired it and it went away, I don't know what the fudge is going on. Can this be fixed without a recone? Sorry for the noob questions, I have never had this issue before..

hmmm to me it sounds like a loose VC, if it is rubbing only at certain times i doubt its a bent former. also could be that the motor is misalligned but i highly doubt that. really hard to say since i can't see it in person but thats what i guess would be wrong.

have you tried running power to the sub? could be a bent former, or loose VC. also have you tried taking a flashlight and shining it through the spider to see if theres anything rubbing?

Mine is for sure rubbing now, stopped last night and started again today... I free aired it and it went away, I don't know what the fudge is going on. Can this be fixed without a recone? Sorry for the noob questions, I have never had this issue before..

hmmm to me it sounds like a loose VC, if it is rubbing only at certain times i doubt its a bent former. also could be that the motor is misalligned but i highly doubt that. really hard to say since i can't see it in person but thats what i guess would be wrong.

wouldn't a loose vc always rub? I played it hard today and there was nothing, maybe theres something in the gap?

depends on the VC, and how loose or exactky what is loose on it. again just a guess since im not there. have you tried calling AA and talking to chad to see if he has an explantion?

depends on the VC, and how loose or exactky what is loose on it. again just a guess since im not there. have you tried calling AA and talking to chad to see if he has an explantion?

Have you got contact info for him?

that dudes long gone, he's got some other company now... Scott at Fi would be the guy I need to talk to

that dudes long gone, he's got some other company now... Scott at Fi would be the guy I need to talk to

WHAT!!!!! chad left all together? i thought him and scott just teamed up to design the new subs. well if chad left thats gay as hell, he was a great guy to talk to, i know i spent a good 15mins just talking about enclosures for the atlas.

i think i still have their old number from crystal lake, i'll see if i can find it.

i think i still have their old number from crystal lake, i'll see if i can find it.
www.epiksubwoofers.com