cman0655555

12'' Icon questions

I am thinking about buying a 12'' icon and was wondering about how much power they can handle daily? I currently have a sundown saz1500.1 and don't really want to change that. I no this is a sq oriented sub but i would be running it for spl, i no this sounds kinda dumb but i currently run a fi q. Does anyone have any numbers on a 12 or any icon?

I am thinking about buying a 12'' icon and was wondering about how much power they can handle daily? I currently have a sundown saz1500.1 and don't really want to change that. I no this is a sq oriented sub but i would be running it for spl, i no this sounds kinda dumb but i currently run a fi q. Does anyone have any numbers on a 12 or any icon?

I have a few 15's in a 8^ft box doing almost a 150db currently. The subs can handle around 1200-1300RMS, so I think you're amp will do fine as long as you know when to turn it down when stressing the woofer out.

i wish i had numbers on my 12's

mark we need to do that!

i've got a 12 getting 1100wrms daily, does a 135 or so legal. awesome sub, will be great paired with that amp!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

thanks and if i am able to get the full 1500 out of my amp will the sub take it? I dont want to buy a new icon and have to recone it in no time when i can buy a aq hdc3.

thanks and if i am able to get the full 1500 out of my amp will the sub take it? I dont want to buy a new icon and have to recone it in no time when i can buy a aq hdc3.

it'll take it, if you watch, listen, even smell the signs the sub gives you.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

It is much more then we rate the driver at. It does not need the full brunt of that amplifier. As Kent said, be smart with your gains and listen to the sub, if it is saying your pushing it too hard, back down on it.