Sign in to follow this  
Schmuck

Line out converters?

Can a line out converter cause distortion in the system? The reason I ask is because I have some of the ED EHQS 12's and I hooked a 12 up to my brothers system in a 2 cube sealed box on a RF P3001, on 400 watts, and it sounded clean and got pretty loud. But just now I hooked the same sub up to my girlfriend's system also a 2 cube sealed box on Diamond 400.1, @ 2 ohm only 200 watts, and the sub is bottoming out in her setup. My brother has an aftermarket pioneer HU and my girlfriend is running off of a converter and her stock Pioneer HU, she has a Scion TC. Could the sub be bottoming out now because it is off of a stock HU and converter, does that cause a dirty signal?

Can a line out converter cause distortion in the system? The reason I ask is because I have some of the ED EHQS 12's and I hooked a 12 up to my brothers system in a 2 cube sealed box on a RF P3001, on 400 watts, and it sounded clean and got pretty loud. But just now I hooked the same sub up to my girlfriend's system also a 2 cube sealed box on Diamond 400.1, @ 2 ohm only 200 watts, and the sub is bottoming out in her setup. My brother has an aftermarket pioneer HU and my girlfriend is running off of a converter and her stock Pioneer HU, she has a Scion TC. Could the sub be bottoming out now because it is off of a stock HU and converter, does that cause a dirty signal?

[/quo

it can, but it does not sound like the problem to me.. . it sounds like sub is done for. but

did you ground the converter>?

check for air leaks on the box? alot of times the wood will separete when the bass hits. causeing a knock. check around all the seams while the sub plays and apply presure on all seams.

It could be some air leaking as the hole cut out are a little bit big

that is a problem too.. try duct tape around the hole, a few layers will insure a seal

and when did you put it in your brother truck or what ever??? and how long was it in his truck.

if you left it in there for somtime, perhaps he played it hard

it was played for about 5 minutes to see how it would do, i was impressed for $20, no distortion at all, in her setup it bottoms on the thump/punch notes and it has to be turned up pretty loud. Long low, mid and high bass sounds fine it is just the thumpy/punchy bass that bottoms and it has to be turned up pretty loud.

it was played for about 5 minutes to see how it would do, i was impressed for $20, no distortion at all, in her setup it bottoms on the thump/punch notes and it has to be turned up pretty loud. Long low, mid and high bass sounds fine it is just the thumpy/punchy bass that bottoms and it has to be turned up pretty loud.

i would bet on the box losing air some where.

i would bet on the box losing air some where.

Heh, I would bet he's clipping the snot out of that Diamond.

Bad box, poorly setup amp of course it isnt going to sound good :(