Sign in to follow this  
sunspot

question on impedance loads on old school us amps

Are these amps 2 or 1 ohm mono stable or would I be pushing it. I believe the 150x puts out 500x1 at 4 ohm bridged. Can I bridge it down further to 2 ohms or am I asking for trouble. Any input is greatly appreciated. I was also considering using the us amps optimizer with these amps.

The 100x would power boston pro60 3 ohm speakers in stereo.

The 100 would power boston pro6.5 in the rear in either stereo or mono, probably stereo.

I was looking at picking up a 8'' sub and running it at 2 ohms off the 150x. Maybe a 8w7(3ohm i think), tc sound, fi, or soundsplinter.

Am I asking for trouble? or can these works of art handle these loads all day long?

This is all going in a rx7 turbo btw

thanks

Also would I be better off running the bostonpro6's of a brand new usa-600 or is that overkill?

ps I looked in the manuals but they list "NA" under 1 and 2 ohm mono loads

Edited by sunspot

bridged output for 150x is 500 @4ohms, 150 is 450@2ohms. these amps are stable @ 2ohms per channel. only the 150 is stable @1ohm per channel. the 100 is stable @1 ohm per channel and bridged @2ohms. 100x stable @2ohms per channel. the100 can be bridged down to 2ohm, the100x@4ohm. like john said n/a NO. if you run these amps the right way they will last a lifetime even with abuse. i have had the 150 and the 400 since 99. i have 150 as backup; and im going to put ssd's on the 400, never had any problems with either. hope this helps ,my head hurts now.

Edited by benz280se

bridged output for 150x is 500 @4ohms, 150 is 450@2ohms. these amps are stable @ 2ohms per channel. only the 150 is stable @1ohm per channel. the 100 is stable @1 ohm per channel and bridged @2ohms. 100x stable @2ohms per channel. the100 can be bridged down to 2ohm, the100x@4ohm. like john said n/a NO. if you run these amps the right way they will last a lifetime even with abuse. i have had the 150 and the 400 since 99. i have 150 as backup; and im going to put ssd's on the 400, never had any problems with either. hope this helps ,my head hurts now.

ok thanks for the heads up guys. The last thing I want to do is damage these things.