Sign in to follow this  
bigcam112

same enclosure for BL and BTL?

hi im a proud Fi owner and was planning on upgrading some time in the near future.. i have a BL right now and would like to upgrade to a BTL... i had a custom enclosure made just for my BL made to all Fi's specs... i was wondering would it be possible to reuse this box for a BTL?

You should be able to, put the btl in it and see how you like it. If you don't go build another one, that easy.

edit. . .

What are the box specs for your current box?

Edited by BKOLFO4

Is it ported? Does that include the port?

what size BL is it?? For some reason I assumed a 15. . .must have caught "15" in another title before I clicked in on this thread. . . .I will assume with that box it is a 12???

yeah its a 12".... and im not super sure... ill just post what i got right here:

As requested and specified per the submit form.

>>> Revised - Port Tuning Change ( from 35hz to 32hz )

>>> Enclosure -Fi Audio BL 12" - Port Tuning @ 32hz

>>> Size - 32" w x 15" h x 13 7/8" d ( Change to depth from 13 3/8"

to

>>> 13 7/8" )

>>> Slot Port - 2" x 13 1/2" x 30 1/2" ( Change to length from 25"

to

>>> 30 1/2" )

>>> Black Carpet, Terminal Cup, 3/4" MDF

was that an online company? how much did that cost you if you don't mind me asking?

thanks a lot BKOLFO! i was getting really worried that the money spent on this box would not be able to upgrade.... but now i see the light... one other question... right now as i said im running the BL 12" off a 1600watt amp... if i replace the BL with a BTL and keep the same amp will there be any difference? as for philip yeah it is a online retail that i have heard great reviews from at another forum... not that garbage they sell at bestbuy... google search for woodlawn cabinetry... hes a great guy with great work..

I am not sure if you will see much difference. . . . But you could always get a second amp and run one on each coil :D

Brian

You have two amps and one sub with two coils. You wire each amp to one of the coils on the sub.

Wiring the inputs would depend on you amp and headunit. Might be able to just daisy chain the inputs, you might have to buy a Y-spliter, or maybe your H/U has (2) subwoofer outputs. . .

Brian

Sign in to follow this