Sign in to follow this  
nick_19

Choosing sub...

Hey guys. New to the SSA forum.

I've been doing a lot of research lately on getting a new sub.

So far I have just bought the wire and cap.

I will be buying a Fosgate T10001BD soon, so I'll have about 1200+ to 1600 watts to work with.

I'm trying to choose a sub to put on my amp.

I have a box built... 3.6 after all displacement, tuned to 29~31 (probably 30 by my math).

I don't have the extra time or money to buy another box, and mdf is over an hour's drive away.

I listen to rap. Jeezy, T.I., Three 6, 8ball & MJG, etc etc. I'm not worried about rock.

I want a sub that can take 1400 watts daily easily and will hit good 28 to 40.

By my research, the AA Havoc seems to suit my needs the best. What you guys think?

My other option would be the Fi Q w/ BP. I just can't decide. All opinions welcome!!! Thanks.

I've heard the BL isn't as suited for the low lows.

Also, I'd rather just stick with the 28 mm of xmax with the Q and the softer spiders being that I don't have enough power to advocate a BL over a Q.

I was leaning towards the Havoc over the Q, but I don't know what my final decision will be... I need some help.

Why do you need the cap?

Can never do too much.

Stock electrical. I think 125 amp alt. I will do the big three tho. 1/0 wiring for it and the amp.

I have headlight dimming now, and so I figured I can't overdo it. lol...

But really... there is not a lot of info out there on this sub... I really need some third party to help my decision.

Why do you need the cap?

Can never do too much.

Stock electrical. I think 125 amp alt. I will do the big three tho. 1/0 wiring for it and the amp.

I have headlight dimming now, and so I figured I can't overdo it. lol...

But really... there is not a lot of info out there on this sub... I really need some third party to help my decision.

A cap won't help your electrical system. If anything, it'll just be another load.

I've heard the BL isn't as suited for the low lows.

You aren't going to get the "low lows" with a box tuned to 30Hz...

I don't want to bump anything I can't hear.

I have merely heard the BL is more of a one note wonder sub, and it does better with 40 htz and up.

I am thinking more along the lines of 28~32 and up.

I was just wondering which sub would suit me better, the havoc or the q.

I have merely heard the BL is more of a one note wonder sub, and it does better with 40 htz and up.

Wonder how many of those people have actually heard one in person or got to listen to it in different boxes.

Anyway, it seems like a Q or a Havoc is your end goal. If you are worried about the power, grab the Havoc.

Wonder how many of those people have actually heard one in person or got to listen to it in different boxes.

Anyway, it seems like a Q or a Havoc is your end goal. If you are worried about the power, grab the Havoc.

Yeah... I don't know... I'm just goin off of what i've heard...

Not many people own the Havoc so i'm just wondering.

So you think it'll handle more power than the Q w/ BP?

Thanks guys.

Also... About it bein in diff boxes... I already have a box, so that is part of the point of me askin is how it will sound in the box i have already built.

Edited by nick_19

the Q with BP option, gets another 200-400 watts depending on application.

so that would put it up there with the 1250 for the Havoc.

but, both subs can handle a bit more power if set up right.

the Q with BP option, gets another 200-400 watts depending on application.

so that would put it up there with the 1250 for the Havoc.

but, both subs can handle a bit more power if set up right.

Yeah these two subs are just so alike.

I think I will end up goin with the Havoc because of it's far higher Bl and efficiency.

the only thing that steers me towards the fi is the lower fs...

Sign in to follow this