Sign in to follow this  
916SkyGTO

12" FI Q Sealed or PorteD?

Does any1 have a 12" Q in a sealed around 1 cubic feet? I want to know if the q will get loud in a sealed. Im thinking of replacing my 2 JL 10W7 with 1 12" Q or maybe I should just power 1 JL 10w7. The 2 w7s take up my whole trunk and i just want to get some of my trunk back. I have enough to put a Q in a sealed enclosure but have around 1.5-1.7 cubic feet for ported. My amp does around 800-900 watts at 4 ohms or 1600watts at 1 ohms so dual 2 ohms it is. Should I just keep 1 of my jl 10w7 and port it? Will that sound close to a 12 Q sealed?

Does any1 have a 12" Q in a sealed around 1 cubic feet? I want to know if the q will get loud in a sealed. Im thinking of replacing my 2 JL 10W7 with 1 12" Q or maybe I should just power 1 JL 10w7. The 2 w7s take up my whole trunk and i just want to get some of my trunk back. I have enough to put a Q in a sealed enclosure but have around 1.5-1.7 cubic feet for ported. My amp does around 800-900 watts at 4 ohms or 1600watts at 1 ohms so dual 2 ohms it is. Should I just keep 1 of my jl 10w7 and port it? Will that sound close to a 12 Q sealed?

My 12" Q is in a sealed 1cuft enclosure. It gets plenty loud for me. All I had to test it was a cheap Radioshack sound meter which maxes out at 126db. The sub did max out the meter and now I'm wondering how loud it actually is.

Sign in to follow this