Sign in to follow this  
datsnowboy

2 18 Q's or 2 18 BL's

Ok so I sold my bmw and got a Expedition. Now with the new space I am looking at either 2 18" Q's with bp option or 2 18" BL's with cooling and flatwind. I would have 2500watts at 1ohm. They'd be in a ported enclosure and I only listen to rap. What should I go with Q or BL?

i have a saz 3000d on 2 15 bl's in a trunk and im knockin doors down. i personaly feel that depending on the amp, 2500 watts may not be enough power to FULLY run those subs, i know it will make them sound good, but to push them to the limit.

on the other hand, those Q's on 2500 watts will be matched better in my opion, but im nobody.

also, with that much current you know that you must do some upgreads on your SUV right?

what kinda amp are you gonna run?

are you more for SQ or more for SPL, BL=more SPL Q=more SQ IMO i would take the BL's just because i like more SPL, but you honestly cant go wrong with either of you choices, and i think 2500-3000 watts is perfect IMO for the BLs

You say rap therefore SQ doesn't enter the equation...

they will be hooked up to a orion2500d and I will have 2 batteries and a h/o alt with 1/0 ga wire and big 3.

Edited by datsnowboy

I suggest looking into the BL's as well..

Thanks!

-Nick

with your power the Q's imo

if you had like 3-3.8k rms i would recommend the BL's

they are about the same volume/spl right up to like 3k rms above that the Bl's do exceed in spl

with your power the Q's imo

if you had like 3-3.8k rms i would recommend the BL's

they are about the same volume/spl right up to like 3k rms above that the Bl's do exceed in spl

You're probably thinking about the BTL's. The BL's would be more than adequate for his application.

You say rap therefore SQ doesn't enter the equation...

I listen to rap and what I look for is a extremely smooth hitting sound. And that is my definition of SQ. So your statement doesn't really make a lot of sense.

It makes a lot of sense if you're looking at the objective parts Sean is thinking of :)

I dont mean to jack your thread or make a new thread for basically the same topic, so i'm basically in the same boat as the other guy. Im wanting to go with the same setup but I only have 2000 watts to work with. Do you think this would be enough for the BLs with no options or should I go with the Qs with (whatever) options?

I dont mean to jack your thread or make a new thread for basically the same topic, so i'm basically in the same boat as the other guy. Im wanting to go with the same setup but I only have 2000 watts to work with. Do you think this would be enough for the BLs with no options or should I go with the Qs with (whatever) options?

Get the Qs with no options and you'll be fine!

Sign in to follow this