Sign in to follow this  
Sgaynor1

Mono 2ch 4ch

sounds like im making a big step in this project...which may take some time...i guess i didnt realize how big a deal a 3kw system is...i know imma end up with 'budget' amps until i can afford the SAZ...anyone got a used one lying around? =D lol

Email sundown and see if he has any B-stock SAZ-1500D's or email support@soundsolutionsaudio.com for a quote on the Sundown SAE-1000D. This sounds like something you need to take smaller steps, and when the money comes you can trade up in power.

Comments on two hifonics BXi 2006D?

hifonics amps are not that great for alot of reasons... the lanzar amp that i told you about... is diffrent from tha one o boy trashed..... true the opti is not in the same class as a saz 3000d but its not as bad as tha other lanzar lines.. infact i onnce posted asging about the opti 6000 and the 4 k people had alot to say about it. the people who used it liked it for the price......

i say this all tha time... you have to pay the cost to be the boss.

i did a 3kw budget build.

subs, 2 15' fi bls 600$

tuned custom box 300$

sundown saz 3000d 700

power cells 250

wires and acc 300

alt?

oo thank you i fotgot! i have a H/o 200 amp i got it for like 160..... but the thing is i planed and searched and waiting for all that i bought.... if your on a budget you must look hard.......

walk hard..... hard that my creeedd.... my cooooodeeeee... dewie coxs

here's your post Bigjon!

Al the replies that followed were - Alt? Haha.

Anyways, let me get in here.

I have done some research in the past, present, and probably the future so here's some info-

Lanzar6000D is like a true 4000w amp.

These are approx numbers. Performance mag did the test on this amp-

12.6v - 3,600w @ 1 ohm

14.4v - 4,800w @ 1 ohm

I don't know the specs of the Lanzar 4000d but you wouldnt want to know anyway.

The cost of the 4 to the 6 is close. The 4000d can be had for around $900 where the 6000d for $1000....wow only $100 difference...

The Lanzar 2000D is an interesting one. I have always told people that I believe this amp is the best budget amp out there, or at least that i know in terms of performance to cost.

Specs -

180A worth of fusing... gotta be able to do something right? well, it does!

Tested by CA&E -

13.8v -

1,600w @ 1ohm

1,940w @ 0.5 ohm(Completely stable and stated by the manufacturer. Rare stable load!)

Cost - can be had for $350

Also, strappable - 4,000w @ 1ohm at 13.8v = $700

However, if you could get the Sundown 3000d for what bigjon got his for, you "might" be able to pull more output from that Sundown.

That's a guess though. That sundown from some test i've read can output great power at low voltages if your system was lacking in that area.

And when you say cost, haha, my setup is expensive that i am planning-

Subs may change or may not but here it is for what i know-

Sound Deadening - $1,000

3 10" BLs - $900

Sub amp ~ $700-$1000

Factory speaker replacement - $550

Amp to power them - $350

Alt - $550

Batts ~ $600

Wiring\terminals\blocks, etc... ~ $500-700

That should do it.. oh yea one more thing -

The stereo - $720

Docking GPS - $550

Why did i get GPS? so i can see where i'm goin, it's too blurry with that bass....

Well, i might have exaggerated a little... ok that was a lie, but Alpine's Blackbird GPS is awesome.

Sound Deadening - $1,000 WTF!!!!!. thats alot of money bro god....

and the sundown 3000 is more of a 3500 watt amp at 12 volts... at 16 volts i think its like more 5500.

your dropping alot of money on your system i hope you will be very happy with it. what kinda alt did you get anyhow?

i dont have anything except the deadening.

What i am doing is research, :)

That's why i am on here all the time.

What am i waiting on?

the weather here should be illegal for real. I am still sound deadening my car.

I have\will have 3 layers of it everywhere but the headliner because... well my car is mainly all glass from the windshield to the rear hatch.

After all the deadening is installed, i'll use this cardboard piece i have to make a cutout of my rear cargo floor. Then i'll put the information back in AutoCAD. I use AutoCAD to design speaker boxes so i know what will fit in a vehicle. It gives me a better understanding since i can see what i am working with.

Then, i will drop the money for all the subs\amps wiring. I will hold up on the alt and all batteries.

I install everything, set it up for maximum unclipped output, then comes the fun part.

With a factory electrical system, there's no way it can power that. So... when i turn the stereo on, when the lights start to dim, I will attenuate the preout voltage on the stereo until the voltage problem dissipates. Then the alt will be installed. It will be between 200-300A, havnt gotten their yet but will be from Iraggi because i talked to him about it last year.

Then i can crank the preout back up until lights start dimming again, then i save up for the batts.

Now, i got the money for it easy, but i keep lots of money on reserve for unknown emergencies that may occur.

What if i had to buy a car immediately...

What if i had to move immediately, buy a home or rent out some place....

I got plenty of money for emergency situations but i do not tap into it because my life is more important than music. Car audio and computers are my hobbies, i'll do what i say i'm gonna do because i got vids of some setups on RoE.

I just don't cut corners when it comes to loud.

SecondSkin, that's who i contacted about sound deadening. I basically told him i was gonna have 3Kw worth of bass, how many layers do i need? He told me, i'm buying it in 2 sections.

160 sq ft of Damplifier

100 sq ft of Fatmat Extreme (mass loader, lays on top of Damplifier, but only on the floor and hatch floor)

I still need to order-

About 60 sq ft of Rattlepad

About 60 sq ft of Overkill

Spectrum maybe possible

Sludge.... lots of it, very pricey.

I don't want this car to rattle outside. I WILL take it to a shop if it's too bad of a rattle.

I will also be side-firing my box to the passenger side so that should help some rattles in the rear. Just gotta double up on the side walls over there.

Note - i just wanna say that SSaudio didn't tell me to order Fatmat, i had already ordered it and didn't wanna let it go to waste. Stuff cost over $200.

Edited by shizzzon

i did my system the same way.. as far as the money part.. im a independant contracter, and i have to cover my self all the time.. winter is my worst time of year every year.

what kinda work do you do

i seen fat mat.. and then i went back to the moto i try to buy by.... ya get what ya payfor.

I work at a warehouse.

I can't wait to get this setup started.

Been without bass for 2 months, I'm fiending! Hehe

o yeah i hear you.. i went 9 months with no amp. i have a hifonics goliath and it blew in like 45 seconds.... then i sent it off to get repaired and thats another story, i still dont have that amp... anyway i waited 10 months then a barrowed a saz3000d from a partner, that had no idea what he had in his hands.. thats also another story. but anyhow i bought my own.. so i have had my own for 2 weeks now, im no happy.... i had never ever not had bass before then