Sign in to follow this  
Sgaynor1

Mono 2ch 4ch

i need fairly reasonable amp(s) to power these two drivers, also how many yellow tops would be good for this application if im using a 200 amp alt? if its not two much trouble can someone break the channel thing down for me as far as when you would use what type of amp..

Normally you used 2 and 4 channels amps for your front drivers, not your subs. Stick to monoblocks for those.

Nothing particularly wrong with using a bridged 2-channel for subs, but most of the time it's not for very power-hungry applications.

Definitely not for one BTL, never mind two :D

Nice 4 channel would be the big boy from Rockford

And after you sell one kidney, you can have one too!

sundown saz 3000d will surly show you the road to bass.

why tha BTLs?

mono block is a one output made for subs.

2 channel is for powering left and right. say if you wanted a stereo sub system. or you can bridge a 2 channel for a mono output if the amp is able to.

4 channel is more for your inside speakers, you can set it up many ways, left right and front and rear....... or a active system, witch is all front, 2 channels for say mids, and 2 channels for highs,

i donno if i relayed it right. but thats the way i have allways understood it but i dont know much.

Yea i pried that saz 3000-D annnndddd...i think imma leave my arms legs an left nut where they are...and not sell them...and look at something more like the hifonics amps...

Yea i pried that saz 3000-D annnndddd...i think imma leave my arms legs an left nut where they are...and not sell them...and look at something more like the hifonics amps...

well fi's are not 1 ohm.. there 0.70 ohms... a hifonics goliath wont go under 1ohm. so you will need to look into TWO hifonics amps.

And I wouldn't expect nearly the results, the Hifonics are a budget amp...and that is being nice. :(

And I wouldn't expect nearly the results, the Hifonics are a budget amp...and that is being nice. :(

ok im just gunna ask...what is a good amp, that isnt gunna drain my college savings account lol...

I'd look into mostly used things, but let's face it, 4kW is not really "budget" territory.

perhaps a lanzar opti 6000

why THE BTLs?

2 channel is for powering left and right. say if you wanted a stereo sub system. or you can bridge a 2 channel for a mono output if the amp is able to.

4 channel is more for your inside speakers, you can set it up many ways, left right and front and rear....... or a active system, witch is all front, 2 channels for say mids, and 2 channels for highs,

i donno if i relayed it right. but thats the way i have allways understood it but i dont know much.

the way I see it... a watt equals a watt. As long as the amp can power a speaker doesn't matter what speaker it is - tweeter, mid, etc

why tha BTLs?

the way I see it... a watt equals a watt. As long as the amp can power a speaker doesn't matter what speaker it is - tweeter, mid, etc

i dont seee it that way at all

This is very true, and a lot of people hear will probably agree with you, but for this application the user needs a lot of watts. It doesn't really matter if its a 2 channel or 4 channel or mono-block as long as it can put the neccessary power to the speaker. In this case though a good mono block amplifier is needed because no other kind of amp is as cost effective. Other amplifiers, such as Hifonics, you have to be weary as to if they even put out the power that they are rated at or if they can stand to be played at such a low ohm for extended periods of time with out breaking down or over heating

With those subwoofers I would not look anywhere other than at 3000-D. You could also look at the Rockford T40001bd, but I think that would be even more out of your price range. Realize with the power you need to be putting out there will be a lot of wiring and atleast one extra battery more than likely.

T40001bd only plays as low as 2 ohms is that right

T40001bd only plays as low as 2 ohms is that right

There site says it is rated at 4000x1@1ohm

T15kW

:mellow:

Edited by bigjon

sounds like im making a big step in this project...which may take some time...i guess i didnt realize how big a deal a 3kw system is...i know imma end up with 'budget' amps until i can afford the SAZ...anyone got a used one lying around? =D lol

How are lanzar amps? the MXA282 4000 x 2...definitely a budgtet amp...but will i be replacing it every other weekend?

How are lanzar amps? the MXA282 4000 x 2...definitely a budgtet amp...but will i be replacing it every other weekend?

Piece of sh!t amp....puts out like 600 watts maybe.

thanks for the suggestion bigjon...but i dont think the t15kW puts out enough power HAHA...and i guess the lanzar idea is out the window...how can they claim its ratings to be so much higher then they are?