Sign in to follow this  
dave_Edwards

favorite amp of all time?

what is your favorite amplifer of all time and why?

Mine is a Phoenix Gold M100 i had when I was 16---it was my first amp I ever bought with my own money.

close 2nd is my Phoenix Gold MS1000---my wife let me buy(it was kinda like my birthday present 6months early)

I still have both of these amps.

My favorite amp of all time is my old Autotek 601X! That think rocked and never even got warm to the touch. After that I don't really have a favorite. I like my Orion 2500d and I would love a Zapco 9.0!

I love the older Rockford Amps, not the rond ones, but the semitriangle ones

like this wonderful 800a4 the very first amp I installed in a show system:

507335-elec_lg-resized200.jpg

but I really love Zapco, and US amps for all they are worth, but probably my favorite over all is the Orion HCCA 250, first major amp I had my hands on, well any old school Orions such as this 250:

orion.jpg

Well, I really like my Premier GM-X1020, but I'd have to say my favourite amplifier that I've had the pleasure of using was the Soundstream Rubicon series. They were quite expensive, but they worked great and every single one that I've installed is still in working condition and has never required any work.

my favorite amp of all time has to be the Orion XTR PRO 2400, love those things, they have ton's of power, and are Freakn LARGE!

I have touched, played with and even burped a mythical D4

My old Autotek MX-1300 was probably my favorite. It had absolutely EVERY feature you could ever DESIRE. Did 1200 @ 4 and 1600 @ 2 and was class a/b. Too bad it wasnt 1 ohm stable or I would of kept it.

:(

the bd3000 does exist but i know it not in the hands of competiors yet because i know some ppl very high up on the RF food chain that would have them already

well my favorite amp powered my very old school first system. two kicker comp c12a's run by a RF punch 200ix. it was only rated at 400 watts bridged at 4 ohms, but i didn't bridge at 4 i bridged at 2, it was a tough little sucker.

al