Sign in to follow this  
pedalboy2001

Need mount depth for subs and recomendations

I am looking at a sub box and I want to go sealed. It has limitations on the mount depth and I was wondering if anyone has specifications on the mount depth of the 10 & 12 arsenal and assasin subs? The box has 1.15 cu ft of space and sealed. Would an assaasin or arseanl be a better sub for that? Should I go 10 in or 12 in with that space? I am after sound quality so keep that in mind.

How much power do you have to play with? The Assassin is rated at 250w while the Arsenal is rated at 500w.

How much power do you have to play with? The Assassin is rated at 250w while the Arsenal is rated at 500w.

Good point, the amp is a 210RMS so I gess that answers the question on what sub. Any recomendations for a 10 or a 12 inch sub in that size sealed box?Does anyone know the mont depth of an assasin 10 and 12 inch sub?

Good point, the amp is a 210RMS so I gess that answers the question on what sub. Any recomendations for a 10 or a 12 inch sub in that size sealed box?Does anyone know the mont depth of an assasin 10 and 12 inch sub?

The Kicker amp you are buying is rated at 420RMS@2 ohm and is underrated so I think the Arsenal would be a good choice or keep the gains down for an Assasin.Both subs are Dual 4 ohm=2 ohm load.

Great info anti why, I wouldnt have caught onto that.

So does anyone have mount depth requirements for the arsenal 10" and 12"???

Air space requirements for these in a sealed box.

is the sound quality of the Arsenals as good or equel to the assasins?

They'll sound about the same until the Arsenal takes more power.

I wish I could help out on the mount depth, I'll see if Mark or Aaron know.

thanks, I wold appreciate that. I am hoping to order everything this week. If yo can find out for both the arsenal and the assassin . I will most likely do a 12" assuming the box can handle the depth. I like the price of the assassin better and the video links I have seen seem like it would be more than adequate for my system.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats exactly what I was looking for. So now I am certain I need a 12 inch with the space the box I am getting has. Either an assassin or a arsenal will work. The amp will have 420w rms so I guess that shold be enough juice for either one. Any recomendations? I guess I might as well go with the arsenal and take advantage of the power I already have unless there is any reason to go with an assasin and turn the gain down. I am really only after sound quality and not annoying my neighbors.

Okay, now this might be getting really technical but does anyone know the magnet diameter fro assasin and arsenal 12's? The box I went to go order today has a slight taper to the center so while it has a 7 inch mount depth, thats only in the center. He reccomended staying with a 5inch or less diameter magnet. I may need to go with the assassin just for the lower mount depth to stay away from the taper. I assassin has a 6 1/8" mount depth so that should clear the tper of the box even with a bit larger diameter magnet.

I know the Arsenal Motor is larger than the Assassin motor. I can't find how much larger though :(

So does anyone know how I can go about finding that out? I was going to order my box and sub today but now I am not certain on which sub.

I have the older 4 ohm assasin but the magnet diameter seems to be the same... I can measure it tonight when I get home.

Ok, as promised... I hope I'm not too late. Sorry for the delay. It looks to be a little over 5 1/4"

2367196670035502147S600x600Q85.jpg

2162075660035502147S600x600Q85.jpg

Ok, as promised... I hope I'm not too late. Sorry for the delay. It looks to be a little over 5 1/4"

2367196670035502147S600x600Q85.jpg

2162075660035502147S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks, I ordered an assassin 12 inch. I think it will fit, it doesnt max out the mont depth and with THE tmagnet size, I think it will be okay.

I appreciate you doing that.

Sign in to follow this