Sign in to follow this  
Sgaynor1

Batcap...yellow top

What does what better then the other

and which should i use for a 1500kW set up

and a 3000kW set up?

thanks

The Optima has a higher CCA (900a vs 800a) than the Batcap, but the Batcap will discharge faster.

I'm not positive what the reserve capacity on the Batcap is, but that's another factor you'll want to consider.

This is going to come down to playing style essentially. If you like to listen to your music loud for long periods of time, I'd say go for the D31. If you like to have bump offs at streetlights, or you plan on competing, go for the Batcap.

Can you incorporate both into your system...like have the D31 for longevity and the batcap for those instances where i want to randomly play really loud...does that make since?

you can probably put the batcap in the back close to the amp and the g31 on the front

Yeah, that would work great.

i have three kinds of sealed 6 pack type cells.... one red top, i got it for the motor start.. but i have it in the back for now.. not sure why.. and i have a yellow top and then i have a diffrent brand, 6 pack.. its 1300 cca's ...

the red i think it like 600 and the yellow is 800???

red for crank,

yellow for secondary in the rear, and then i have the amp going stight to the big boy.

I have (2) Batcap 800's im selling, check out my thread if interested. You could always run your D31 up front and run 1 or a bank of Batcaps in the rear.

i dont know the name of it.. ill take some pics. maybe someone else knows the brand.. i have a friend that runs a battery recycaling place.. he takes them in.. send them off and thay come back with new guts, and a super discounted price.... i have him looking for power masters now