Sign in to follow this  
DB_DRAG_SPL

Competition in WV (May 19th, 2008)

We will be holding our first show of the year on May 19th in North Central WV for anyone interested. I have extra room at my house for anyone coming and wanting to save $$$ on a hotel. I'll be cooking out on Friday night for all SSA, CA, SMD members who come, we'll also have a Term-LAB on site Friday for those who need a little last minute tuning and probably hit up the street party that night. There will also be a cruise-in on Friday night preceding the show Saturday :drink40:

For those wanting to get a travel distance estimate the zip of the show is 26201

As of right now this IS NOT a 1x show, and won't be unless I can talk the club who contracted us out into it. If it not being a point event is a breaking point for alot of people, I may go ahead and pay the fee out of pocket. But if you do come, I GARUNTEE a great weekend, the show is held during one of WV's largest festivals, so bring the whole family, it will be a family friendly weekend all around with parades all weekend, carnival, street parties Fri and Sat night among a few activities. Local hotel rates are very cheap and I can get group discounts as well.

Entry fee will be: $15

Classes so far will include:

~Street A (Up to 1000w)

~Street B (1001-2000w)

~Street C (2001-3000w)

~Modified A (3001-4000w)

~Modified B (4000-6000w) anything exceeding 6001w will be automatically put in Mod. Extreme class

~Modified Extreme: Walled Vehicle (No power or Sub limit)

~Loudest in the port

~5ft. "HIGH SPL" Trophy

~Best install

Judging Format

When qualifying for the event the competitor will open their vehicle for the judge to place the proper measurement equipment inside their vehicle.

Competitors will only receive 2 qualifying attempts time permitting, if time is restricted, there will be a single qualifying round.

Additional qualifying attempts to change competitors class or to improve a competitors score may be allowed and will subject to a re-run fee, time permitting.

Once all competitors have qualified for their class, the top 4 competitors in each class will compete for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

~First place qualifier goes against fourth place qualifier and second place qualifier goes against third place qualifier.

~The winners will advance to the final round of competition to determine the first place winner of each class at the event.

Again, these weren't my first choice in classes, but I have to do what the customer wants. Classes may be added and/or altered in the future.

I've offered Jacob (aka Sundown Audio) free vendor space, so hopefully he can make it and bring the truck. The free vendor offer extends to all Vendors, If you're in or going to be in the area, I have plenty of spots open for you free of charge

Here's a link to the festival's actual website so you family guys can see that it will be a family friendly environment: http://www.wvstrawberryfestival.com/

Once we edit the flyer, I will post it up.

Anyone wanting to come and crash at the house, let me know, space will fill up fast.

Edited by DB_DRAG_SPL