Sign in to follow this  
dustin420

what??????

i was looking at the site and it says "There will be a $25 upgrade charge for high performance dual 2ohm coils." my question is why? whats different between the 4ohm coil and 2ohm?

Guest zedman
i was looking at the site and it says "There will be a $25 upgrade charge for high performance dual 2ohm coils." my question is why? whats different between the 4ohm coil and 2ohm?

I bought the 2ohm voice coils and they are rated at 1000 watts rms where the 4 ohm is 600 watts rms. thats all I know. I think it is worth it myself. Z

Edited by zedman

The standard D4 coil in the LV3 is a 600/1200 roundwire coil, the D2 coil is a 1000/2000 8 layer flat wound SPL coil. They are compleatly diffrent, if it was just the same coil but only a diffrent imp. change than they would be the same price. With the D2 coil you get more power handeling and overall more output from the subwoofer

Guest zedman

The standard D4 coil in the LV3 is a 600/1200 roundwire coil, the D2 coil is a 1000/2000 8 layer flat wound SPL coil. They are compleatly diffrent, if it was just the same coil but only a diffrent imp. change than they would be the same price. With the D2 coil you get more power handeling and overall more output from the subwoofer

And besides that they write that it was built specifically for you on the side of the box. It makes you feel special almost like you had them make the sub just for you and no one else. Anyways They are worth it. Z

And besides that they write that it was built specifically for you on the side of the box. It makes you feel special almost like you had them make the sub just for you and no one else. Anyways They are worth it. Z

now what kind of special are we talking about, is it like you just had sex with your gf for the first time special or like you get a good grade on a test you did not study for kinda special? haha either way i'll look into the lv3 for my next sub. so with the dvc2 colis a 12 will handle 1300wrms daily in a ported box right?

now what kind of special are we talking about, is it like you just had sex with your gf for the first time special or like you get a good grade on a test you did not study for kinda special? haha either way i'll look into the lv3 for my next sub. so with the dvc2 colis a 12 will handle 1300wrms daily in a ported box right?

If its the first of the 2 then im going to go build a set of subs for myself!!! HAHAHAHAHA as for the 1300rms on the LV3 the coil will take it, but the rest of the woofer is not designed to, you really want a bigger motor and more suspention for 1300 rms, take a look at the LV4, it will make better use of the power and have more control at 1300 watts

Guest zedman

Neither its more like I am so important, I didn't like their "stock" Woofer so they produced one just for me special.

If its the first of the 2 then im going to go build a set of subs for myself!!! HAHAHAHAHA as for the 1300rms on the LV3 the coil will take it, but the rest of the woofer is not designed to, you really want a bigger motor and more suspention for 1300 rms, take a look at the LV4, it will make better use of the power and have more control at 1300 watts

ohh i see, so would a lv4 be good with only 1300wrms or would it be better with more? for my next sub im looking for 1 12 ported that can take my re12.1 amp wiht no sweat.

ohh i see, so would a lv4 be good with only 1300wrms or would it be better with more? for my next sub im looking for 1 12 ported that can take my re12.1 amp wiht no sweat.

Perfect, the LV4 will pound off 1300 rms =], I loved that amp, sad when they stopped making it, Totally understand US amps kinda had it covered

Perfect, the LV4 will pound off 1300 rms =], I loved that amp, sad when they stopped making it, Totally understand US amps kinda had it covered

cool, do you have prices yet for the lv4? ya i love my re amp, pretty underated seen bench tests showing upwards of 1400wrms from them, but my fav would be the 35.1 even though its only rated for 1800wrms it still was a nice amp. and don't get me started on US amps i dislike them very very much which is why i highly doubt i'll ever own another Re product sadly.