Sign in to follow this  
jdawgg22

Help with Fi 15" Q

i just ordered a 1600 watt hifonic brutus mono and i need some help with the Q.

im not sure if it would be better for the Q to be ported or seal, also if i should go dual 1 ohm or dual 2 with my brutus?

You'll want to go with a dual 2 ohm voice coil sub so you can wire it in parallel down to a 1 ohm load. Here is a link for you to understand what that means... Sub Wiring

As far as what enclosure you should use it's really up to you. The easiest to make yourself would be a sealed enclosure and i would suggest you do that. You can bump your sub and get a good feel for how it sounds not to mention some experience in making the box itself. Then, go ahead and make a ported enclosure. Once you've down all that you'll know which you prefer more.

I have a single 15" Q in a 4ft^3 enclosure tuned to 28hz powered by a Kicker Kx1200.1 amp and as far as i'm concerned, i like the ported. It gives me more output down low which is what i like...

You'll want to go with a dual 2 ohm voice coil sub so you can wire it in parallel down to a 1 ohm load. Here is a link for you to understand what that means... Sub Wiring

As far as what enclosure you should use it's really up to you. The easiest to make yourself would be a sealed enclosure and i would suggest you do that. You can bump your sub and get a good feel for how it sounds not to mention some experience in making the box itself. Then, go ahead and make a ported enclosure. Once you've down all that you'll know which you prefer more.

I have a single 15" Q in a 4ft^3 enclosure tuned to 28hz powered by a Kicker Kx1200.1 amp and as far as i'm concerned, i like the ported. It gives me more output down low which is what i like...

Big Shot you are the only person that I have ever seen on this thread that has ALMOST the EXACT setup that I want to get

Sign in to follow this