Sign in to follow this  
Godsmack

Suppliment, workouts questions

Guys,

I begin going back to the gym this Monday after a few mths off. I do PT in the mornings. (0630-0730) LOTS of stretching before PT, and then its either push-ups and sit-ups or a nice 3-7 mile run. When we come back we usually don't stretch much.

My main goals are shrinking my stomach (I have a decently big frame tho), and building muscle (especially in the arms and pecs)

I mainly want to stay around 185 as thats my max weight at 5'10 according to the Army, and I am already 183.

I am quitting smoking and even this "cutting down" phase has been driving me nuts.

Anyways, what kind of suppliments would you reccomend (links not necessary as I am more than willing to search for what I need), and also is there any particular exercises in mind I should focus on?

Jordan

I would recommend first getting a good nutrition plan set aside with 4-6 meals per day of high protein, low fat, high carb(whole grains). Also for one of those meals, preferably post workout, I would take just a regular old scoop of whey (or two, what ever gets you to ~40grams of protein) with water. I am drinking mine now, haha

also with that routine, I feel like you might have a hard time preserving muscle mass, hence why i recommended high protein (1-1.5 grams/lb of bodyweight). Also throw some chins/pull ups in there. good luck