Sign in to follow this  
ronrico418

4 Shizzzon

Shizzzon

as always if anyone would llike to chime in feel free. Shizzzon has been such a big help to me I wanted to ask him in particular about something I know I have faith in him for. My Port Love everyones ideas though so again chime away!

4 Shizzzzle I've been trying to send you a message w/ my phone #s and invite to for you and whomever to stay at mine and Kelly's home. For some reason I'm not able to send. In the attempted PM i got carried away w/ the following so I'm just making it a topic so I don't lose it.

(computer has been acting up maybe on last leg) This would be the help I need from you for my "big boy" system!

My previous favorite enclosure was originally designed for 4 Lanzar 18s (1992) 250 RMS EACH RAN OFF OF AN ORION BEAST 2250SX -perfect match

I know the box dimensions and would like to recreate it for use with 4 FI SSD 18s off of my Sundown SAZ-3000D I realize the port may be a little different but I would like it as close as possible to the original. When I had blown 2 of the Lanzar 18s I replaced with RF punch 18s also 250 rms each.

I rebuilt enclosure twice using only RF 18s and although originally designed for Lanzar subs the box worked beautifully and was most impressive. It is my motivating and driving factor to hear 4 18 Fi SSDs w/ 3-4 times the power of my old system.

I once was sponsored by MTX in their original MTXpert program (1991) and I had a loaded horn enclosure with 34 10s (Blue Thunder) and although very clean and louder than my old 418s it wasn't nearly as impressive. Cmon it was 3410s it should be loud.

SO I'm going to give you the sacred dimensions (to me) of my old enclosure and if you can help me tweek it (come up with port) and any other suggestions I will definitely listen.

Max externally W 40", H 34", D 44", 2 rear chambers firing into single center chamber which is ported into cab of Chevy S10 (w/ topper walk through) between bucket seats. Both rear chambers were equal to each other and the center chamber was equal to both rear chambers combined. so as a guess both rear chambers 6cf each center 12cf. How does all this sound to you? Think it will work effectively tuned to (guessing) 32hz (read all before doing math~~~~~~~~I know you!)

PORT was 16" W, 24" H, 6" D

4th order single reflex bandpass enclosure 3 chambers all subs mounted vertically and facing at each other but offset so they are not directly at each other.

I'm sure your familiar w Steve Meade's Chicken's Caddy enclosure w 4BTL18s off two RF15Ks. For a better visual for you my box looks nearly identical to that Chicken's enclosure except no rear chambered ports(only center chamber firing between front seats) and the 2 woofers behind driver would be 1st woofer behind driver low 2nd high. Behind passenger 1st woofer mounted high 2nd high(again so offset)

Hopefully everything is clear - let me know if you understand completely what I'm trying to say as I understand how it can get messy in explaining through words. (Even worse if you saw my drawings) hehe

Reason I said to read all. If I were to try this enclosure in my Blazer It would have to be much different since this size box can't slide in through the rear an I do not know how to build enclosure inside of vehicle. Maybe I could make longer but I had already planned on selling my Blazer to get an S10 w/ walktrough again. Tell me what you think as your opinion interests me very much. Again thanks in advance ~Joe

Edited by 418FIs

eh.. not sure why this has to do with Fi... soooo

Moving to SPL & SQ / Competition & Fabrication

I rebuilt enclosure twice using only RF 18s and although originally designed for Lanzar subs the box worked beautifully and was most impressive. It is my motivating and driving factor to hear 4 18 Fi SSDs w/ 3-4 times the power of my old system.

Not sure why it's not