Sign in to follow this  
spl_explorer

Two Q18s in the trunk

Sealed or drop down to 15's. (2) 15's will sound much better in that box than (2) 18's.

Ok, so I got him to do sealed. He says "if I dont like how sealed sounds then we have to cut out a port". So sealed it is. I have never heard 18"s in a trunk before. It should get loud.

Should I do sealed in a single chamber or dual chamber? One woofer is older then the other so one woofer has more excursion then the other.

Edited by spl explorer

so one woofer has more excursion then the other.
If they're the same driver, the only way one has more excursion than the other is if one is broken...
He says "if I dont like how sealed sounds then we have to cut out a port".

If he doesn't like how sealed sounds, he's getting rid of those drivers and going with 15's...

so one woofer has more excursion then the other.
If they're the same driver, the only way one has more excursion than the other is if one is broken...

No it's not broken. It's just SUPER weak. Trust me. Steve said the same thing but when I showed him he seemed surprised on how weak the sub really was. Therefore that woofer gets moving more then the newer woofer. Same driver... Q18 with BP

dual chamber, will keep the newer sub from fighting with the older one. and you will not get one pushing harder then the other one, witch will cause the older sub to fail

dual chamber, will keep the newer sub from fighting with the older one. and you will not get one pushing harder then the other one, witch will cause the older sub to fail

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Thanx. Ill post some vids once everything is done

I say dual chamber, 4cu/ft each with some poly-fill and he will be satisfied!! How much power is going to them? Those 18's are going to tear his trunk apart!! Trust me!

I say dual chamber, 4cu/ft each with some poly-fill and he will be satisfied!! How much power is going to them? Those 18's are going to tear his trunk apart!! Trust me!

He's on a budget so I told him to go with the PA A3000db. It will give those woofers a solid 1,000-1,200 watts each. Good amp for the price.

A local guy has 3 15s in 7 ft sealed. He keeps trying to port it and I tell him, that's no where near enough room to port. He ported it and complained it was louder/better sounding sealed :Doh: I suggested taking one of the 3 subs out and try it with just 2 ported, but he doesn't want to 'waste' the equipment.

You should be good sealed.

Edited by tejcurrent

A local guy has 3 15s in 7 ft sealed. He keeps trying to port it and I tell him, that's no where near enough room to port. He ported it and complained it was louder/better sounding sealed :Doh: I suggested taking one of the 3 subs out and try it with just 2 ported, but he doesn't want to 'waste' the equipment.

You should be good sealed.

I can already see him doing that! He still can

Sign in to follow this