Sign in to follow this  
daicacharco

3 SSA Icon wiring help?

Hey, I was wondering if someone can tell me how to wire up 3 12'' D2's. What ohm will it be pushing at. I currently have a Kicker ZX2500.1 thats pushing 2 Icons. I plan on buying another Icon. My brother & I will be building a fiberglass box for my car. I was wondering if you guys can chime in and give some advices. This is my first box build. My brother done this 3 times. Thanks for your guys time and help.

your options are 0.3333, 1.333, 3, and 12 ohms

Do you think my kicker zx2500.1 Will be stable at 1.333 ohms ? Its stated on the specs that its stable @ 2 ohms.

with impedance rise, it'll probably be over 2 ohms, but I don't know if the Kicker's protection circuitry is loose enough to allow it

with impedance rise, it'll probably be over 2 ohms, but I don't know if the Kicker's protection circuitry is loose enough to allow it

on CA.com people had stated that they got their zx2500.1 to run on 1 ohm. Others stated that it isn't safe. Possibility to be better off upgrading to a Sundown 3k ?

not safe. Your actual resistance would be 1.0 ohm exactly. Since i've seen impedance rise less than 200% of it's DCR, then it's possible that some notes will be under 2 ohms.