Sign in to follow this  
ronrico418

are you possibly playing below port frequency?

now if its not tinsel slap chances are you are bottoming out the spiders on the first step of the 12 spoke basket... the 15" is the only one to have this problem under high excursion... I reconed my sub with a 1/4" spacer between basket and spiders and also offset the coil by 1/4" to realign it... no more slapping. but I am using my sub for SPL and had 2 - 4 Powerbass XA3000's on it playing in a box that was total 6.5 with 133sq in of port tuned for 49hz

Dude that sounds like it. Can anything be done with out having to recone it, besides turning the volume down. I'm glad to hear it is the only one with the problem. When I was running only 1500 watts, it wasn't an issue. Still have not popped a 100 amp fuse with my Sundown 3000. Mainly because with the bottoming out of the BTL I cannot turn it up because I want the music to remain clear. I need my 18s like yesterday. I can tell this sub has more to give along with the amp because of how much headroom I have. Kinda frustrating since I really want to crank this baby up. Funny thing is, everyone else is still blown away. Me dreaming Havocs. Thanks for the info.

Joe

now if its not tinsel slap chances are you are bottoming out the spiders on the first step of the 12 spoke basket... the 15" is the only one to have this problem under high excursion... I reconed my sub with a 1/4" spacer between basket and spiders and also offset the coil by 1/4" to realign it... no more slapping. but I am using my sub for SPL and had 2 - 4 Powerbass XA3000's on it playing in a box that was total 6.5 with 133sq in of port tuned for 49hz

Dude that sounds like it. Can anything be done with out having to recone it, besides turning the volume down. I'm glad to hear it is the only one with the problem. When I was running only 1500 watts, it wasn't an issue. Still have not popped a 100 amp fuse with my Sundown 3000. Mainly because with the bottoming out of the BTL I cannot turn it up because I want the music to remain clear. I need my 18s like yesterday. I can tell this sub has more to give along with the amp because of how much headroom I have. Kinda frustrating since I really want to crank this baby up. Funny thing is, everyone else is still blown away. Me dreaming Havocs. Thanks for the info.

Joe

Joe

Sorry error message had me submitting reply again and again