Sign in to follow this  
styllikeitloud

first meca comp. question

:eek5wavey: sup planning on entering in my first spl comp. in Roanoke Va. Mar.22. Was reading the rules and got somewhat stuck on the part about the fuse requirements. I'm using a 200amp circuit breaker, do i need to install a fuse in its place to enter. Will be running a saz-1500d on 2 12" lvl4 d1, also would be considered AS1 or AS2. Hope to meet some of you there. Styllikeitloud

Not sure how the rules work , lilmaniac or one of the other guys should know. I'll see if I can decipher the crap on mecca's website a little better for you here in a few minutes.

But there will be a bunch of us here at the Show in the Noke this weekend. Look for the teamssa stickers and you will find us :)

ok you will need a fuse holder of some sort within 18'' of your amp for it to qualify as a legal meca score. If you do not care about that then you can use the fusing on the side of your amp which is 160. That would put you in as3 which is most likely the loudest AS class. If you compete in AS1 you can run 50 amps, AS2 you can run 90 amps, and AS3 you can run 170. I am rounding off these numbers btw so you can run more in some cases. I would recommend on running in as1 or 2 and do some testing before you go to the show as far as fusing. Probably your best bet is a full anl fuse holder with a 60 amp fuse(as1) or 80(as2). Just make sure that you can at least get a burp out of your system before you go. Just wondering if you know where you are peaking at?Also you have to music from a bought cd. A song is very important and want to play a song that peaks where your vehicle does.here are a few helpful links to the rules.

http://www.mecacaraudio.com/2008Rulebook/2...20page%2010.pdf

http://www.mecacaraudio.com/2008Rulebook/2...%20page%207.pdf

You will need to install a fuse holder within 18" of your amp.

With two 12s, you have 226" of surface area.

Here is the fusing that you can run in the AS classes with two 12s:

AS1 = 50 amps

AS2 = 90 amps

AS3 - 175 amps

see I new someone new the spl fusing rules. :D Last time I competed in mecca they didn't have the wierd arse fusing rules in place :)

Not sure how the rules work , lilmaniac or one of the other guys should know. I'll see if I can decipher the crap on mecca's website a little better for you here in a few minutes.

But there will be a bunch of us here at the Show in the Noke this weekend. Look for the teamssa stickers and you will find us :)

Thanx, I,ll be lookin for the ssa logo, trying to talk and get as much info. on my setup and meet some cool peep

You will need to install a fuse holder within 18" of your amp.

With two 12s, you have 226" of surface area.

Here is the fusing that you can run in the AS classes with two 12s:

AS1 = 50 amps

AS2 = 90 amps

AS3 - 175 amps

I want to try AS1 seeing how its my first entry and won't to do well, just wonder if a 50 amp fuse will handle the load. Imma go by the shop and run a few test today. thanx for the info

ok you will need a fuse holder of some sort within 18'' of your amp for it to qualify as a legal meca score. If you do not care about that then you can use the fusing on the side of your amp which is 160. That would put you in as3 which is most likely the loudest AS class. If you compete in AS1 you can run 50 amps, AS2 you can run 90 amps, and AS3 you can run 170. I am rounding off these numbers btw so you can run more in some cases. I would recommend on running in as1 or 2 and do some testing before you go to the show as far as fusing. Probably your best bet is a full anl fuse holder with a 60 amp fuse(as1) or 80(as2). Just make sure that you can at least get a burp out of your system before you go. Just wondering if you know where you are peaking at?Also you have to music from a bought cd. A song is very important and want to play a song that peaks where your vehicle does.here are a few helpful links to the rules.

plenty of info. man thanx, well was just messing around w/ my system didn't really tweak it or add bass through my deh-p6000ub, and peaked at a 142.1 that was w/ the 200 amp circuit breaker, will run a few test on 60amp and 80 amp fuses today tho and will post my numbers on each

plenty of info. man thanx, well was just messing around w/ my system didn't really tweak it or add bass through my deh-p6000ub, and peaked at a 142.1 that was w/ the 200 amp circuit breaker, will run a few test on 60amp and 80 amp fuses today tho and will post my numbers on each

You should be able to hold a 50 amp fuse most likely but if not thats still a good score for as1 or as2. If you can put that number up you will do well. Just do some testing and tweaking and im sure you can get it louder. I know last year i was able to run a single 60 amp mini anl and hardly blew any fuses.