rollinryder

I NEED MAJOR HELP

im building a ported box for my blaupunkt 12inch vw1200 sub. it is powered by a audiobahn a8002t amp.

it is in a sealed 1.25 cu ft. box but i am looking to build a 1.98 cu ft ported box. so i have alot of questions.

first off any of you like blaupunkt?

how big should the slotted port be (1 or 2 inches)?

also i plan on painting the box first with a oil based primer and then with a automotive paint since i have alot of a sky blue paint left.

also i plan on putting the sub to the very right of the box and have the left side of the box ported.

also i have no idea on how to tune fequencies if someone could explain more in detail for me.

i will post pictures soon. should come up of my plans if i did it right. thanks for looking since i see alot of help from people on this website.

Edited by rollinryder

also here are the BB's that i plan on putting up as a logo. (i stole it off the DD SUBS basically since i thought it was cool and simple. these will be painted silver.

when i start building i will take pictures and post my progress. (if looking for letter just bought at local walmart for $2.33 each...)

imgp1329io4.jpg

Here this will get you started. http://www.realmofexcursion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22850

What are your maximum dimensions? and What are your goals for the box, ie listening preferences?

Just looking at your picture with a 2 inch wide port you would be at 1.69 ft^3 @ 50hz without sub displacement. In my opinion way to small and tunned way to high.

well i am looking at the best possible set up i can have with making a box at 2.0 cu ft with a port.

dimensions i have to stress are.

hieght= no more then 16 1/2 inches

width= 24in-30in

front to back= 12in-16inch

so if any one could come up with a design and let me know i would greatly appreciate it.

(also the reason i have two accounts is b/c for some reason i cant log on to the one account so i had to make another.)

also im basically looking to get the most db out of my sub as possible so i can be heard from far away. (right now w/ that sealed box i can only hear about 5 ft away from the car.) i love the tight accurate bass w/ a sealed box but i would love to try a ported box since you can get so much more out of your sub.

also im basically looking to get the most db out of my sub as possible so i can be heard from far away. (right now w/ that sealed box i can only hear about 5 ft away from the car.)

This statement discourages everyone from helping you.

well im sorry that you misunderstand that all i want is the most from my sub.

im sorry if i dont know that much about car audio but im only 18 and just learning.

so if you wont help please dont comment.

i actually thought i would get more help from this website which is cool. but boy i am disappointed.

i actually thought i would get more help from this website which is cool. but boy i am disappointed.

It's just that most of us have grown out of that phase, or never were in it to begin with :)

I love SPL the kids are into, that way I don't hear it in my house when they go down the street. With one of my good setups you hear it coming down the road and stuff starts vibrating in the house when its in the yard. SPL boom just makes a few booms and then I don't hear it anymore. fing05.gif

So to clarify, you want loud SPL and don't care about good sound or good bass? If so your box should be pretty close. Run it through some of the sub box programs on the net with the specs from your driver to verify. 50Hz is pretty good SPL tune, what kind of vehicle is it? Larger port is better but makes the box larger too. Can you do an external port where you are mounting it? Check this thread out, you should have amp cooling the way he did it but look at the box/port design see if it would work for your space. Just an idea. http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=15691