Sign in to follow this  
dustin420

just wondering

i allways wondered who here has listend to an AA atlas, xbl^2? just wondering what you thought of it and did you like the sq. i allways hear such good things about the icon, mag, xxx, w6 as being top sq subs just wondering where would you place the atlas. i know tuan from TTB loved the atlas for its sq.

It was a great sub, and the extra terminal for lowering the qts was awesome.

It's a shame it's no longer in production.

It was a great sub, and the extra terminal for lowering the qts was awesome.

It's a shame it's no longer in production.

so what did you think of it like sq, im asking because around here no one has anything other mainstream BS so the only other "sq" subs i've heared would w6/w7. so i was hoping someone online would have heared the atlas wih other online top sq subs to compare it to.

The Atlas was a great sub, but the Avalanche was the real winner for AA. Awesome sub that was very comparable to the 05 RE XXX.

I still run (4) Avalanche 15's in my HT. They are incredible subs. . .

Brian

I heard a few, actually wanted to grab one that was for sale a while back that was super cheap. But decided to use the MJ-18 for Home audio. I know that people who had them loved them for SQ.

i allways wondered who here has listend to an AA atlas, xbl^2? just wondering what you thought of it and did you like the sq. i allways hear such good things about the icon, mag, xxx, w6 as being top sq subs just wondering where would you place the atlas. i know tuan from TTB loved the atlas for its sq.

I only heard the Atlas ported rather high, so I can't really comment on its SQ, but I heard the Avalanche 12's sealed and I was very impressed. I agree with Brian, they're very nice drivers. The pair of 12's I heard could play the 16Hz organ tone on John Williams' score to Superman with confidence...

so what did you think of it like sq, im asking because around here no one has anything other mainstream BS so the only other "sq" subs i've heared would w6/w7

The W6v2 is far from BS, it's actually a pretty fine driver for SQ when properly installed :)

i wasn't saying the w6 was BS just the mainstream brands like jl, kicker, alpine, etc. i've never heared a mag or icon so i wa sjust seeing what others thought of the sq compared to the atlas. ya i love the ava's but they only came in dvc2 they wouldn't work with my amp or i would have got a pair instead of the atlas.

Sign in to follow this