Sign in to follow this  
Xibalba

Need some help deciding

Ok, here is what is going on....the truck is a 08 Ford F-150. I am going to do a blow through in the truck. I would like to compete once in awhile and just want to get really loud. After taking some small measurements I figure I could fit 4 12's straight across the back or maybe 2 15's. At the moment, I plan on running a Rockford 4000.1 to power them. Of course the 12's would probably be BL's or Q's and the 15's would be BTL's. What would probably perform better out of those? I am going to be new to competition and am not really sure where to go. Any help or questions for me would be great. Thanks.

the q or the bl could NOT handle that amp at 1ohm, its way to beastly, 2 15" BTLs with that amp would be really nice, i say go for that

Both the Qs and the BLs could handle that amp, its 4000 watts to 4 speakers (1000 watts for each). I think the 4 BL 12s would be the loudest and they would sound better than the 2 BTL 15s. The Qs would sound the best but would not be as loud as the other 2 choices.

Sign in to follow this