Sign in to follow this  
numatik

Set it to the ohm setting, it kinda looks like a horseshoe. Then touch it to the + and - terminals of one coil, and see what you get.

alright, i disconnected the speaker wires at the terminals on the box and did each sub individually. they both read 3.5. is this normal?

This is over both coils? Like the positive of one coil, and the negative of the other coil, with a jumper between the negative and positive?

Although I assume that if they're both reading the same, then it should be alright.

Did you have the subs wired up the right way? Not one sub wired to 1/2 and one sub wired to 4 ohm?

This is over both coils? Like the positive of one coil, and the negative of the other coil, with a jumper between the negative and positive?

Although I assume that if they're both reading the same, then it should be alright.

Did you have the subs wired up the right way? Not one sub wired to 1/2 and one sub wired to 4 ohm?

yeah im positive man. i have it wired just like my diagram. i think it has got to be something with the tinsel leads. they look fine, but maybe theres chitty contact... i dont know im stumped!

Maybe try hook up one sub, and play it for a bit, then check the temps, then do the other one. Make sure you don't go overboard with only one sub hooked up. :)

Can you please explain proper gain setup running two SAE-1000D's on a 2-ohm load? How many volts should I expect on the output terminals with my DMM?

I know how to calculate this on a non-strapped amp, v=sqrt(watts*ohms)

I read something about 36v in an earlier post, was that for an 1800W, 2-ohm load?