QuestionMan

18 Fi Bl setup

Sub: Fi BL 18 with flatwind and p chamfer

Amp: Hifonics bxi2006d (again, its not sundown or anything, but it should get the job done for now and even if it is overrated, i think 1800 should push a bl just fine.

Wiring: Knuconcepts.. look Not included in the kit are RCAs and the speaker wire. Also should i get 10 or 12 gauage, and what do i need to fit it into the terminal on the sub?

Enclosure: 6^3ft after all displacement and port, and tuned to 34.4xxx hz.

I guess what i'm looking for is the OK from you guys. What do you think? I think im ready but im just making sure.. please comment on the question about 10 or 12 gauge speaker wire and how to fit it into the terminal on the sub.

Thanks.

equipments sounds good man goodluck on everything, and im not really into spl type subs so i can comment too much on the box sorry..

Thanks denlilvr... i'm most likely ordering the sub tommorow just so i can get my box finished, and buy everything lse within the next 4 or 5 weeks. But anymore opionions on the wire and the things i picked out, anyone?

I've never used them, but i've searched here and other forums and they seem to be peoples choice, and kicker wire also. This is actually my first setup so i'm pretty much doing a lot of searching and opinions and going from there.

any opinons? and anything on the terminal on the sub? do i just shave the wire and put it in? or would i need inserts/plugins for it?

I currently own an 18" BL in the same config as you mentioned and I am running mine with 8 gauge speaker wire, but its plenty overkill. You'll have a bit of a hard time fitting that into the terminal if its not perfectly tight and no loose wires. I'd say 10 or 12 gauge will work fine. Either one really. As for how to put it into the sub, you just shave off the wire and its a spring loaded terminal. No banana plugs or anything like that needed. 6 cu ft after displacement should do you fine. As for the tuning. thats really more up to you. Depends if your going for the lows or if you really wanna just get some crazy loud stuff. Mine is tuned to 35 I believe and its lows, while still impressive, aren't as loud as something tuned lower. Its upper end though is pretty ridiculous!

lemme know if you have anymore questions!

Hayes, thanks for answering all my questions. For now i'll be tuned to a little more than 34 but if i want to later i may lower it. Thanks for telling me about the wiring too, i didnt want to get to installing it and find out i needed banana plugs or something; i really appreciate it. Probably sounds noobish to ask that kind of stuff, well it is hahah this is my first setup, i'm just learning (a lot more than i ever would from shops where i live)from the forums.

Just curious, what do you have powering your bl?

I feel like i've started too many posts lately with one too many some-what stupid questions, so i thought i'd just add to a post with some stupid questions already there lol.

Is it safe to put a ground under the carpet, or do i have to cut a hole around the ground? Also, i watched an instructional video on grounding a long time ago, and i remember the guy putting 3 or 4 screws in the ring terminal to keep it down. Is that alright, or do i have to bolt?

I'm putting the ground (1/0) where my jack used to be under the backseat of my dodge ram. I know its safe to drill because theres brackets already there to hold the jack.

Knu makes top quality stuff, great choice.