juanl

XXX recone

im thinking of getting a pair of RE XXX 15 they are at a razonable price and im thinking in time reconing them qith FI im not sure what year are they but i have a picture i want to know how much it would be for the 2 recones with shipping the zip is 00725 im from puerto rico thanks i want to know price with basket and without now the pic fing05.gifxxx022.jpg

aaaa *drool*

not that im fi or anything but if u already have the 15" basket you dont need a new one just the soft parts (cant tell if its a 15 or 12 from the pic)

its 15 ohh there not mind yet im just asking to see i buy them if FI huys tell me i cant recone them with FI thanks emperror im new to this of reconing woofers the kickers i was using blow jajajajajaj

lol i feel you... but you shouldnt need the basket in that case. all you would do is cut out the internals and do a swap with the fi recone. Ive found it easiest to use a manilla folder when reconing. are you doing it youself or getting someone else to help you? Its not really hard to do but theres little room for error.

if god help me and i play the cards right they will be mine jejeje

i take it they are blown? what price are you getting them for?

Thats a mamoth port. I think they are the 05 models but I could be wrong. I did my first recone on a 15" BTL and it wasent to hard just be patient. Nice subs thought.

no there are not blown but they arent brand new and in sometime i want to recone them they are selling to in 400

What's wrong with them?

Reconing just for reconing's sake isn't really worth it, unless they've been abused by the previous owner...

no right now they are not abused but they will be when they get to my hands jejeje

and i dont know if the previous owner abused of them

Edited by juanl

$232.60 for the pair of kits shipped. If the baskets are fine, no need for new ones. Simply grind off the old parts so that you have a smooth all aluminum base to glue to.

Thanks,

Scott

i have a bit off an obsession with the earlier RE XXX's...and i just must say...i've got a chubby. beautiful pic.

what do u think of this then?

subs.jpg

i have a bit off an obsession with the earlier RE XXX's...and i just must say...i've got a chubby. beautiful pic.

what do u think of this then?

subs.jpg

can't say i have ever seen that before. but since it has xxx on it, i am guessing its the chit. details?

thanks

$232.60 for the pair of kits shipped. If the baskets are fine, no need for new ones. Simply grind off the old parts so that you have a smooth all aluminum base to glue to.

Thanks,

Scott

thanks scott as soon i buy the woofer i send you a pm ohhh i was gonna ask you i dont know if this could be but if i want to do the woofer double 1 ohm it is possible or not thanks

They are the XXX's but with a custom dustcap thanks to scott. I reconed them to quad 2ohm and got blank caps. Then just did the logos in vinyl along with clearcoat over it.

They are the XXX's but with a custom dustcap thanks to scott. I reconed them to quad 2ohm and got blank caps. Then just did the logos in vinyl along with clearcoat over it.

they look nice. i have three 05 xxx 12's. 1 needs a recone. i am just awaiting a vehicle that is worthy of dumping money into before i install them.

good question im gonna used them for spl only scott how you recomend me to do the recones

how much power can the recones take?

just as much as if it were brand new. 1600+

after the recone you will have a "brand new" sub

there mine jejejeje as soon i could get your money scott i will send you an email ohh another question i could do this woofers double 1 ohm thanks

i has an 05XXX15 sitting next to me. it's my baby. beautiful heavy drivers. everyone that knew my system local and knows about my new sub all ask me what i'm going to do with the XXX.. no chance in hell i would sell it to them. lol.

:smileyR:

i has an 05XXX15 sitting next to me. it's my baby. beautiful heavy drivers. everyone that knew my system local and knows about my new sub all ask me what i'm going to do with the XXX.. no chance in hell i would sell it to them. lol.

yeah i would hold onto it. it does pretty much everything i can ask of it. i have 3 05 xxx 12's. one needs a recone. i am saving them for a worthwhile vehicle down the road that is worth putting the money into. i would like to get 2 of them reconed to 15's and use them. until then i will just stockpile as many as i can.