Sign in to follow this  
DoubleJ

How to contact AA?

Well I was planning on installing my 8" assassin today...however I am an idiot and accidentaly sent the drill through the surround and tore it pretty bad.

How do I get in contact with someone at AA to get this thing sent in for repair? I have emailed them before, about something else, and got no response back. A phone number in a PM would be great. Thanks.

JJ

Edited by DoubleJ

Can't do just a surround...you'd have to do a whole drop in recone...

Otherwise i'd suggest getting a tube of rubberized glue, something to the extent of Windo-weld that they install windshields with. It's a eurathane based adhesive. You can tape up the front side of the surround and then put the glue on the back side of it...

Cheaper and easier solution than a recone...if all else fails you can always recone it.

Thanks!

-Nick

Otherwise i'd suggest getting a tube of rubberized glue, something to the extent of Windo-weld that they install windshields with. It's a eurathane based adhesive. You can tape up the front side of the surround and then put the glue on the back side of it...

Cheaper and easier solution than a recone...if all else fails you can always recone it.

Thanks!

-Nick

Thanks Nick,

I ended up using some 100% silincon on the backside. I let it cure for 24 hours and gave it a go today for a good 30-45 minutes, and all seems to be alright. I gotta say, I am impressed with this little thing. Made a lot more sound than I was expecting.

Thanks again for the info. One more thing, how much is a recone?

JJ

Well...he could, he'd just need to find a surround that wouldn't restrict travel at all :)

8" surrounds are pretty easy to find, but I'm not sure if they'd let the suspension cover the full range that the original one did.

Well so far so good with the silicon. I had a bunch of errands to run today so the radio was on the whole time and it seems to be holding up well. I guess eventually I will need a re-cone but for now I think it will be alright.

Sign in to follow this