xhilr8n

FI's accomplish dual duty?

I am planning to purchase a BTL 15 when they are available, i would like to know what kinda applications this sub is gonna be adaptable to. I had a DD 9515G, but everytime i talk to them via e-mail or on the phone their customer service is severely lacking lately. So i sold it. I would like to run one of the BTL's in the DD's place daily in a T-line Enclosure, and then in a standard slot ported, or possibly kerf ported enclosure for when i wanna meter it.

What kind of options are gonna be available, and what the specifics of them. I went the the website, and the options and just complete overview of the sub is obviously being revised for the new model.

Options i remember that i would be interested in would be

High X-Max coil

Cooling option

Pretty stiff suspension for it to hold up in the T-line without loosening up over time.

Would also like a Dual 2 ohm configuration if that is an option.

If someone knows what the other options are please let me know. This isn't just a post to waste everyones time, i have been reading and searching, and still am to try and figure out exactly what i want this sub to be. This WILL be my next steup, so in advance i appreciate the time people take to reply.

Thanks,

Jason

you are probably going to be the first person to run a btl in a TL enclosure that wasn't built for spl only. I'm sure scott will have input when he see's this

Transmission lines are very adaptable for different drivers, but I'm not so sure one built for a DD is going to work very well for a BTL without some modification. Is this mass-loaded?

i believe so.....if this one won't work i'll have another one designed. I really like how it sounded tonally sp? If you can design one for spl that would sound nearly the same for daily i wouldn't mind that much either.

I would rather stick with my two different boxes though. one for daily and one for comps etc.

When you say mass loaded, can you explain, i don't know all the terminology. Maybe i can answer that question with more explanation of what you are asking. The box had no fill etc., just a woofer and a lot of area etc.

Jason

BTW.....thanks for the responses finally.

if u want to use a t-line for daily then thats fine but the sub should be a bit softer than the regular stiffness... the stiffness also increases FS( correct me if im wrong here) which is not what you want from t-line enclosure. last t-line I built was for an RE RE8 the FS on that sub was 22.x Hz/ I tuned the t-line for 23Hz and it was amazing. Im not sure how a sub which has an FS of around 40HZ will sound in a T-line enclosure.