Sign in to follow this  
SplFiend

Ohmage/SAZ-1500d question

Alright, I have just ordered a 1500d amp and plan on buying a 18" FI BTL. Now, my question is, if I want to use the single 1500d with the sub and then eventually buy another and stack them both on it, what type of vc setup should i order the sub with? Is there any way to get maximum performance untill and after I get a second 1500d? Also, what type of wattage would I be getting from two 1500d's at the ohmage you suggest. Thanks very much!

You'll want a Dual 2 ohm woofer. You can wire it to 1 ohm with one SAZ-1500D, then when you get the second, you can run one amp to each coil.

Dual 2 like John said, and then when you add another amp, you can run 1 to each voicecoil.

I've run my strapped 1500D Sundowns at 0.5 a piece and 0.25 ohm a piece, and they take it daily. Or at least they do for me....just keep your gains true...and don't go nuts with it...

With the proper voltage, which I have...I'm seeing roughly 4000-5000 watts for the pair. With the sub wired to 1, I had each amp at 0.5 ohm, and was seeing 4500+ watts out of them strapped master and slave..

They are nice amps, and I'll run them for life..I'm upgrading to a pair of 3000D's now....

Hope your happy with yours, and goodluck with the BTL, I heard a 15" BTL and it was pretty crazy on an Orion 2500D... :drink40: