Sign in to follow this  
Demise

Buying 15" BL. Need Help!!!

Hello. I have a 1000d mono block memphis amplifier. I have been looking at buying 1 15" BL and need to know what my enclosure should look like and what the dementions should be. I have no clue on how to tune Hz or what that means for any matter. I just want them to be loud and sound good with the amp I have. I also need to know what extras i should purchase along with the sub.

If someone could answer these questions and get back to me that would be awsome. I need to know that my amp will work and i need dementions.

Thanks!

Edited by Dillon

Welcome to SSA Dillion. Going to move the topic into the Fi section where Fi techs and customers can help. :)

Need some dimensions and what kind of vehicle it is...

Thanks!

-Nick

Nick is right dimensions are necessary, when u find that out you can use this to configure your box, thats what i did.

www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

i have215 inch bl.... if you run a true 1000 on it you will be happy... but and this is big BUT is you have a weak amp.. and your just gonna clip the snot out of it.. then your will be sad....

what kinda amp do you have..

I have the same question, not tryin to hijack his thread tho,

but here's my situation,

i want to get 2 15" BLs, in a ported box. The area I would like to restrict it to is 24h 40-45w and 20d

I would like to run them both off of this amp, will this work? I was told that they should be in dual 1 .

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12120_...+BXi+2008D.html

also, could i just use the old ground wire (or w/e, basically, i already have an amp setup, but its not enough power for the 2 of these, can i just use the old wires that are runniong to my battery i guess?)

I tried that a few times, but there was more than once that it gave me the wrong info. . .be sure to manually check it once you have the design.

Brian

I tried that a few times, but there was more than once that it gave me the wrong info. . .be sure to manually check it once you have the design.

Brian

nice app, question tho, what do i do about the port size? what would be the most efficient dimensions?

k 1 question partially down ,2 remaining

is amp suitable

can i use the old cables, ie, just remove my old amp and hookup the new one?

thx

What awg are the old wires and how long are the runs? Amp would be fine on standard BLs with only the PC option. No need to go overboard with the options as they will handle the power fine.

Efficient dimensions? Well, what space do you have available to work with?

Thanks,

Scott

What awg are the old wires and how long are the runs? Amp would be fine on standard BLs with only the PC option. No need to go overboard with the options as they will handle the power fine.

Efficient dimensions? Well, what space do you have available to work with?

Thanks,

Scott

i have 46 wide x 48 deep x i think 36 tall,(back of a tahoe)

but i would like it around 40ish wide x 24deep x 18-24tall so i can still use my rear view mirror lol

and the awg of the wire,

i believe its 2? its a 400 watts amp powering a JL 13w1 and its 200w rms so it should be 2 right? if not i guess i can try to look at it lol

but im pretty sure im wrong and im not sure how i would be able to determine that, but here's the amp i have

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/ampli...thunder3401.cfm

thx for ur help

Need some dimensions and what kind of vehicle it is...

Thanks!

-Nick

It is a 1991 honda accord sedan

heres a design i found on here made myself had to cut mine down but it works and sounds great hope this helps url=http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?bf7ddc8dc1.jpg]th.bf7ddc8dc1.jpg

if that dont work heres the link http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=13817

k, thx,

so from the detail in that post, the port should be from top to bottom minus the width of the bottom and top board

also, to make it for 2 woofers, do i jsut mirror along the right side?

now the second part of the port, does it need to be lined up to the center of the subwoofer? ur box is wider than mine so im pretty sure this port should be different?

quick picture

plan.jpg

ya thats how u would cut the port. If ur gonna run 2 subs then ya it should work im not sure what ur tuning is or cubic feet kinda new myself lol but sounds good to me try to keep the sub center of the L port thats just best from what ive read

ALSO u can use RE enclosure calculator might help also

Edited by timmc2006

ya thats how u would cut the port. If ur gonna run 2 subs then ya it should work im not sure what ur tuning is or cubic feet kinda new myself lol but sounds good to me try to keep the sub center of the L port thats just best from what ive read

ALSO u can use RE enclosure calculator might help also

lol how would i tune?

would the design i gave u not work in ur car?? not sure excatly like i said im kinda new myself

would the design i gave u not work in ur car?? not sure excatly like i said im kinda new myself

im gettin 2 and i only have 4 ft width total

well if i was you i would go with two 12s cause two 15s would never fit in that in there right enclosure because the 15s want 2.8cubic feet at the least for each sub

well if i was you i would go with two 12s cause two 15s would never fit in that in there right enclosure because the 15s want 2.8cubic feet at the least for each sub

my enclosure is deeper and could go taller, taht makes up for the lack of the width....

any ideas on the amp?(first page) is it acceptable?

Sign in to follow this