Sign in to follow this  
jbob

3000d draw at 2 ohm

So what am I looking at for draw on a 3000d at 2 ohms. I'm considering 4 of the sd1v2 10s (ok, I'm considering lots of different setups...anyways)

Basically I don't want to pay out my ass on electrical and upgrade my alternator and take up alot of space for batteries. I got a Magnum which has a 160 amp alt stock. What can I get by for batteries. Will a single Powermaster 3100 do it. Almost forgot, front stage will be a pair of sax100.2's. Thanks.

imo saz 3000d @ 2 ohms, 1 powermaster 3100 the big three and perhaps upgread on the starting cell and you should be ok.... you may need a biger alt you may not. you will have to try it. IMO

i think it will be broken or made by what you plan to do with the set up.. spl.. daily.. rap.. rock..

I was also curious at the 2ohm draw of it as well. I will have big 3 and 2 kinetik 2400's

3000 x 1 watts @ 1 ohm

1600 x 1 watts @ 2 ohms

800 x 1 watts @ 4 ohms

0.2v - 6v adjustable input sensitivity

10 Hz - 350 Hz Frequency Response

>90 dB S/N Ratio

4-Way Protection Circuit (Thermal, Overload, Speaker Short, and Over Current)

Linkable to another SAZ-3000D for up to 6000 watts @ 2 ohms

35 Hz - 300 Hz adjustable 24dB Low-Pass Crossover

10 Hz - 60 Hz adjustable 24dB Subsonic Filter

0 - 180 degree adjustable phase shift

0 - 18 dB adjustable bass boost with 45 Hz center frequency

Wired Remote Control unit included

300-amp external fuse required (not included)

23.4" L x 9.9" W x 2" H

$1099 US Dollars - MSRP

$1209 Canadian Dollars - MSRP

$1349 Euros - MSRP

Well thats underrated. I think i remember seeing some test that it got somewhere above 3500 watts at 1ohm on good electrical. So i was wondering how underrated the 2ohm draw is

It's pretty efficient @ 2 ohms - so a bit less current draw than the 1500D @ 1 ohm at the same power level.

also you dont have a awsome electrical system....... you should get one... and try to work your configuration down to 1 ohm.. and let that saz do its damn thing..

well like i said im thinking 4 of the sd1v2's

so I can wire to .5, 2 or 8

If i want to stay with sundown, which Id really like to, that would leave me with a pair for 1000d's, a 1500 at .5 or a 3000 at 2.

even though it's more money i'm liking the 3000d option and it leaves me with lots of power in case of future expansion

I haven't got an actual quote on an alternator, but I've heard in the 5-600 for my car.

Even though its a magnum and I should just go big, I do like the space and want to go for a fairly space efficient install. The battery's on these are in teh back, so I can't just add a battery without losing the spare, which I'm not sure I want to do. I SHOULD be able to sneak a group 31 in the factory area, and I can probably get a smaller battery like a d1200 in another space, but I don't want to give up much more space than that.

If i want to stay with sundown, which Id really like to, that would leave me with a pair for 1000d's, a 1500 at .5 or a 3000 at 2.

even though it's more money i'm liking the 3000d option and it leaves me with lots of power in case of future expansion

I haven't got an actual quote on an alternator, but I've heard in the 5-600 for my car.

Even though its a magnum and I should just go big, I do like the space and want to go for a fairly space efficient install. The battery's on these are in teh back, so I can't just add a battery without losing the spare, which I'm not sure I want to do. I SHOULD be able to sneak a group 31 in the factory area, and I can probably get a smaller battery like a d1200 in another space, but I don't want to give up much more space than that.

You would not be disappointed with the 1000D's and you could get away with your stock alt and a powermaster 3100 as a secondary battery.

PS. The big three IMO on the Magnum which is somewhat the same setup as my charger would require you to run 1/0 from your alt under the hood to the battery in your trunk. It only has 4 ga factory so I would highly recommend it.

It's pretty efficient @ 2 ohms - so a bit less current draw than the 1500D @ 1 ohm at the same power level.

Just to make shure, if i had a 3000d @2ohm, it would draw less current than a 1500d @1ohm would?

the 1500 is give it all it has to get in that pwer range.. make sence that the 3000 at 2 ohms is sipping a glass of sweet tea while perducing 1500 watts at 2 ohms

Haha, nice analogy :fing34:

You would not be disappointed with the 1000D's and you could get away with your stock alt and a powermaster 3100 as a secondary battery.

PS. The big three IMO on the Magnum which is somewhat the same setup as my charger would require you to run 1/0 from your alt under the hood to the battery in your trunk. It only has 4 ga factory so I would highly recommend it.

That's the plan.

So maybe that's a better way to put it, which will draw less a strapped pair of 1000's or a 3000@2?

That's the plan.

So maybe that's a better way to put it, which will draw less a strapped pair of 1000's or a 3000@2?

lol ooo jaaacccoooobbb

any of yall at sundown think about having same power at 1-4 ohms whats the advantages and disadvantages?

any of yall at sundown think about having same power at 1-4 ohms whats the advantages and disadvantages?

It's complicated and adds cost to the product (eg: JL 1000/1) - not planning on doing it.

Just to make shure, if i had a 3000d @2ohm, it would draw less current than a 1500d @1ohm would?

Yep.

Sign in to follow this