Sign in to follow this  
y_d0c

Searching

alright i posted before and was told to hell with jl......so i did. Im greatly considering orion......now, i want speakers that are going to have great sound quality, but i NEED them to pound...competition is a possibility for the future. I just want a very nice system for starters and not have to do much adding on for the future....

Im talkin like a 3500 - 4g budget...

again this is the setup..so far w/out the comps and subs

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

big 3

powermaster alty 400amp

yellow top

sax100.4 or 100.2 for the comps

saz3000d

i want something thats going to utilize that power comin from the saz3d

Edited by y_d0c

If you're thinking about sound quality, subwoofers really are the last thing that should be concerning you.

alright i posted before and was told to hell with jl......so i did. Im greatly considering orion......now, i want speakers that are going to have great sound quality, but i NEED them to pound...competition is a possibility for the future. I just want a very nice system for starters and not have to do much adding on for the future....

Im talkin like a 3500 - 4g budget...

again this is the setup..so far w/out the comps and subs

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

big 3

powermaster alty 400amp

yellow top

sax100.4 or 100.2 for the comps

saz3000d

i want something thats going to utilize that power comin from the saz3d

i did not say all i wanted was sound quality....... i would like great sound quality, along with chit bein loud.....i guess i didnt explain that very well.......

Your goals are mutually exclusive, plain and simple.

The only way I could see that happening with the same install would be if you put the subs in a sealed enclosure, you'd have to attenuate the heck out of it when you wanted SQ but it could be done. Otherwise, you'd have to install a separate sub somewhere else and turn off the others, or have enough midbass in front to go sub-less...

lol you don't need a 400a Alternator for one 3000D.

Yeah 400 is pretty overkill, but at least he wont have to worry about having enough amps, lol. How much does that alt put out at idle?

your gonna need more yellow tops buddy

That would depend on how much is intends on playing the system with his car off. If his alt puts out a good amount of amps at idle then it should be fine for daily driving.

If you are looking to Orion for woofers their HCCA woofers are supposed to be very nice in SQ and SPL. I haven't heard them personally, but a friend of mine, who's opinion I trust greatly, said they were top five on the list of his favorite speakers. Its mostly about the install, of course.

I dont plan on playin my system when im not driving. Thats why i was going with the 400a. Im also going to want to upgrade and didnt want to have to dish out more for another alty.

As for the HU its cost efficient, touch screen, dvd, usb got most all things that i wanted...

ive looked at orions hccas....im leaning toward mach 5 ixl series..ive got boston acoustic pro50 for comps....and sundown100.2 runnin them

i have a tendency to change my mind a fudge ton....so, im still searching tryin to get some input...

Instead of going with the 400a alternator, why not go with at most a 300a and a couple of large, efficient batteries.

That would depend on how much is intends on playing the system with his car off. If his alt puts out a good amount of amps at idle then it should be fine for daily driving.

NO SIR...... that is far from true. REGARDLESS if you ever plan to play with your car off.... NO MATTER you must have extra cells to play the SAZ 3000d..... jacob states!

Sundown Audio only recommends this amplifier for experienced users with an upgraded alternator and additional batteries* due to the enormous power output potential

thats from jacob him self........ PLEASE do not give advice if your not sure