Sign in to follow this  
SKEEMASK

ENCLOSURE AERO PORT HELP

Just bought 2 of the old version BTL 12s loaded with the 3rd mag and everything. But Im trying to save space for more room for my batteries and amps. My amps are going to consist of a T40001BD and a T5002. Im going to do a semi blowthrough in the trunk of my Thunderbird in which the back seats do not fold down but Im going to cut out the rear armrest and use it to help let bass escape into the cabin. I wanted my enclosure to be subs and ports forward sealed off from the trunk. I'll have about 8" between the back of the seat and the front of the enclosure. My deminsions will be (double baffled) 15"H x 38.25"W x 23"D. After sub displacement,bracing, and 45 degree corners (resined corners) adding 0.575ft3 puts me at about 5.38ft3/gross....If I use (3) 4" aeros and make them each 17.5" long then that will tune me to 31-32Hz and given me a net volume of right @ 5ft3/net. My question is do u think this is right for daily usage and that amount of power going to a BTL? this is just going to be a loud ass groundpounder and absolutly no farting/burp what so ever.

using those dimensions you only have 38sq inchs of port area. thats not enough, if it was me i'd go 4 4inch ports, that would up the area to 50 but the ports would have to be 24inchs long to achieve the same tuneing.

i thought when using aeros u get the output of a sloted port twice its size?

huh? not sure what that means. whats "twice its size"? do you mean port area or overall box cubic feet?

i thought when using aeros u get the output of a sloted port twice its size?

huh? not sure what that means. whats "twice its size"? do you mean port area or overall box cubic feet?

Yea, port area

hmm don't know about output but with only 38sq port area you probally get a lot of port noise. with the bigger port you will not have port noise and will probally be slightly louder.

hmm don't know about output but with only 38sq port area you probally get a lot of port noise. with the bigger port you will not have port noise and will probally be slightly louder.

General rule of thumb is that you only need half the port area if you use aero ports.

General rule of thumb is that you only need half the port area if you use aero ports.

hmm for real? i talked to pete (hexibase) about an enclosure for my atlas 15 in which i only planned to use 29sq port area and he told me that i would probally have port noise. so if im gonna get port noise with only one atlas and can gurantee he will get port noise with 2 12inch btls with only 38sq port area.

hmm for real? i talked to pete (hexibase) about an enclosure for my atlas 15 in which i only planned to use 29sq port area and he told me that i would probally have port noise. so if im gonna get port noise with only one atlas and can gurantee he will get port noise with 2 12inch btls with only 38sq port area.

yea but pete was probably talking about if u use half the area with a slot. Not aero. I noticed that most people who are using aeros dont have as much port area as a person with slots. Even when Meade had a old install with 4-18" REs he used 6-4" flared aeros and it was still tuned low.

ok do whatever.

really doesnt matter anymore. Just talked to him yesterday and he is going to be designing a enclosure for me. Probably get him to do the build depending on what type of design he comes up with.