Sign in to follow this  
timmc2006

help with enclosure

first thing sorry guys ive tried posting this in the fi section didnt notice it was in the wrong place but im trying to find out the cubic feet on this box and its tunning cause i made it but in order for it to fit i had to chop it down 2 inches if anyone has any ideas or any help it would be great and its for a fi bl 15 and again sorry for the double postspeakerbox15blxy4.th.jpg

ok i got on re enclosure calculation site and by my measurments i got 3.018 tunned to 34.8046410782157 is this gonna be good cause i listen to nothing but rap ??

Looks like it's right in the sweet spot. A little larger wouldn't hurt, but it looks ok.

The box is smaller than I'd do, but it'll make noise.

ya i wish i could have went bigger but this was the first time ive ever built anything so i guess i did good for the room i had this box takes all the space i have it takes me bout 15 minutes of twisting and turning to get in there so i got it just right one more question i heard it is good to set ur amp subsonic right above tunning does this apply to a fosgate t10001bd?? but so far i have the big 3 1/0 fosgate wiring no extra batts and stock alt lights dim like crazy with car running im getting 14.8 volts havent checked for drop yet

I would start with your subsonic at tuning, or just below. 30-32 hz would be a good place to start.

ok ill try that and how would i no if it wasnt right never had to mess with any if this stuff last amp i had was 600watt jensen lol i no dont make fun

The way to really set it is. Burn tones from 40-20hz. Go down in frequency until the sub starts moving very little, now slowly go down 1 hz at a time until the sub starts moving pretty good again, now turn up your SSF until the sub cools down and isn't moving a ton.

so from 40-20 then back up find sweet spot and thats it thanks for all the info ive been trying to get some answers on this now i have em thanks for all the help cant wait to get all this tuned right getting my gains set in a couple of days at the local audio shop