Sign in to follow this  
SplFiend

Are SAZ-1500d's going to be hard to come by?

After they are discontinued and replaced by the 2000? I plan on buying another in a few months and dont want to have to buy a completely different amp, would like to match the two.

noo there are two models... the 1500d v1 and then the 1500 v2.. the second has more heat sinks.. yadda yadda... thay are allways around... and i wouldnt think otherwise in the future. the 2000 wont be around for a while from the way jacob talks.

There will be several hundred more new 1500Ds sold before anything happens to them :)

If demand remains I may not discontinue them, we'll have to see - I just expect the 1200D and 2000D to take away most of the sales.

There will be several hundred more new 1500Ds sold before anything happens to them :)

If demand remains I may not discontinue them, we'll have to see - I just expect the 1200D and 2000D to take away most of the sales.

alright, thanks for the info, looks like i'll be sticking with mine then =]

also, if I may ask, how stable is the 1500d at .5 ohms exactly? I know the warranty would be voided, but am I really better off sticking with one ohm without the extra wattage?

If electrical is part of the equation, Ill be running two of them at .5 ohms each with a 160+ amp alt, a kinetic 1400 up front and a 2400 in the back, thanks again for the help.

The difference from 1 ohm to 1/2 ohm is not audible... around 300 watts gain on average, so 20% more power meaning ~0.6 dB in theory. IMO, only useful for SPL competition.

Is db-r going to have anymore 1500's anytime soon??

ask chris at dbr, you can email him anytime... hes a repair artiest

Unless he has some now, no.

I do have several used ones available if you check the Used, B-stock, etc thread. Same price as refurb w/ 1-year warranty.

Unless he has some now, no.

I do have several used ones available if you check the Used, B-stock, etc thread. Same price as refurb w/ 1-year warranty.

Alright I'll look into it.

Sign in to follow this