Lotaimpalass

my firt SPL reading ever

Well I had my first spl reading ever and was fairly happy. My system consists of 4 RE8's in a sealed enclosure that is way to small approximately 1.9 cubic ft total with an OLD RF 800.2. This set up is in my 95 impala ss. Well for my first system I was happy with my 131.8. I have a pic but I am a retard when it comes to posting pics.

I was kind of wondering if I was pretty much on par for this setup or am I off a little.

i'd say thats pretty good. Obviously if the enclosure is to small ur gonna lack a lot of output. Why can't you make it bigger? i'd think your trunk would be pretty ample sized! As for the RF 800a2, Those things are pretty beastly! i'd say you're doing pretty good. i'm guessing it was a TL mic? dash? kick?

let us know!

yea it was sitting at the dash.

The system was built so I could keep all of the structuers of the car stock so I didn't want to port the back deck. The box was made to set ontop of the rear deck. The box was constructed with .75 MDF on the bottom and about 1" thick chopped glass for the rest of it. I have deadend from the back deck to the fire wall and all of the doors skin side and interior. I wish I could go bigger, but I have to take the back part of the seat just to slide it in to place.

Yea I have been told that the old RF are ok I am running a 400.4 for the front and rear staging and the 800a2 for subs. The rear staging is done with a old set of MB quarts 6.5 for the rear stage and junk boston 6.5 up front.

Thanks for the quick reply

Edited by Lotaimpalass

have you tried adding pollyfill to the box? that will make the sub act like its in a bigger box might help your score a little and also the low end might pick up some. and if you don't like it you can allways take it out.

have you tried adding pollyfill to the box? that will make the sub act like its in a bigger box might help your score a little and also the low end might pick up some. and if you don't like it you can allways take it out.

try this suggestion. general rule of thumb is 1lb per 1ft^3, but there is no set guidelines. just make sure that the polyfill stays loose and isn't compacted.

and not a bad score for a sealed setup.

:ttiwwop:

x2!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: