Big E

1999 Chevy Blazer ZR2

I haven't been real active on here lately...mostly because I haven't had any money so it's very taunting to read on here and see what some people are doing. Here's why I haven't had any money:

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0255.jpg

The above also destroyed the transmission so I had to rebuild the transmission as well. Those both happened last spring but I just now noticed I didn't put them up on here. Then just a few months ago, I noticed that both of the CV shafts off the front diff. were spewing grease and one of the ball joints had a lot of play so I just finished rebuilding the front suspension so I've been staying poor :suicide-santa:

In good news though, I've finally replaced my 8 year old, CD-skipping Alpine!

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

1059655995_photobucket_26968_.jpg

Edited by Big E

DSC_0259.jpg

That sucks Big time!! :(

DSC_0259.jpg

That sucks Big time!! :(

Yeah it was rough...$3500 to rebuild and build up the rear axle and transmission. That's what happens at 165,000 miles though and you're having fun in an icey parking lot... :rofl2: I've got a Detroit TrueTrac locker in the rear now and a Superior shift kit in the transmission so I don't worry about either of those anymore :D I'm just glad I had the foresight to have that much money set aside for such an incident...

Edited by Big E

I lile your new substage setup.

Good luck with fixing your Blazer.

I had to rebuild a little bit of my tranny also a few months ago. My reverse went out for like a month (which I felt stupid when I actually HAD to back up, so I got out and pushed) :suicide-santa:

Blazers for some reason have a lot of problems when they hit the 100,000 mile marker..

i'm driving my 04 and literally about to roll over the 100K mark and have to replace my rear brake lines. left rear is leaking like no other and the back right is rusting bad...

great looking truck and small trunk setup man. good luck with the new diff and trans

I lile your new substage setup.

Good luck with fixing your Blazer.

Thanks! The rear axle and trans are good to go. I just got the vehicle back from having the front suspension done and they messed up the boot on one of the new CV shafts so it gets to go back in on Monday....

I had to rebuild a little bit of my tranny also a few months ago. My reverse went out for like a month (which I felt stupid when I actually HAD to back up, so I got out and pushed) :suicide-santa:

Blazers for some reason have a lot of problems when they hit the 100,000 mile marker..

I'm surprised how long mine lasted because I've noticed the same thing with regards to the 100,000 mile mark and I've taken mine to Silver Lake and other offroad parks on more than one occasion without a tranny cooler.

i'm driving my 04 and literally about to roll over the 100K mark and have to replace my rear brake lines. left rear is leaking like no other and the back right is rusting bad...

great looking truck and small trunk setup man. good luck with the new diff and trans

Thanks! I may be re-doing the substage for a slightly larger ported box ...