tommyk90

Calling all mustang guys

Hello all, i have a large project on my hands.

I've been commisioned(somewhat) to build a box for a 12" Orion H2. Now, the box is gonna be 2.5 cubes tuned to 32 hz.

Now, for those of you who own mustangs, you know how small the trunk opening is(this kid has a mustang cobra, not the newest body style, but one from probably the late '90s) and i just need all the tips i can get on putting this box in.

Most likely i'm going to have to build it IN the trunk, so any tips will be greatly appreciated. Unless you guys know of another way to get a box big enough in there. :)

Also, i may have to hook up all the stuff for his amp. Any help there would also be appreciated(hole locations, where to run wire, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

damn..mustangs suck..lol...

i built a 1.75ft^3 after displacement for a mustang (not cobra, but from the mid/late 90's) to hold a 12" mtx 7500..

it was 12" tall to slid in from the front, with the back seat folded down. the sub faced up while the port faced forward(or back..lol)

overall dimensions were 12tx32lx14d it still was almost a shoehorn fit..

as to the wiring, luckily it was already done...

good luck, hope that helped a little...pics are in the showoff section...the mustang box pics

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

damn..mustangs suck..lol...

i built a 1.75ft^3 after displacement for a mustang (not cobra, but from the mid/late 90's) to hold a 12" mtx 7500..

it was 12" tall to slid in from the front, with the back seat folded down. the sub faced up while the port faced forward(or back..lol)

overall dimensions were 12tx32lx14d it still was almost a shoehorn fit..

as to the wiring, luckily it was already done...

good luck, hope that helped a little...pics are in the showoff section...the mustang box pics

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Watch your mouth SUCKA!!!!

:ninja:

All the trunks will have the exact same dimensions from '94-'04. All are based on the Fox-4 platform most commonly known as the SN-95. I'm guessing that with it being a Cobra it has the Mach460 or 1000 audio system. Now this will present a problem as the amps and subs sit in an enclosure under the rear deck, and going in from the rear seat is going to be the easiest option. As for the wiring, the easiest solution would be to make a hole in the grommet used for the throttle cable in the firewall. It is made of rubber and you can use this to your advantage for some protection for the cable. Now, had this been an auto, which it's not (because all Cobras are manuals unless modified), it would have been even easier as Ford provides a plastic cover where the clutch cable would be.

Let me know if you need anything else, I can pretty much tell you anything you need to know about Mustangs.

Just for you Kent.

456034_1.jpg

Watch your mouth SUCKA!!!!

:ninja:

All the trunks will have the exact same dimensions from '94-'04.  All are based on the Fox-4 platform most commonly known as the SN-95.  I'm guessing that with it being a Cobra it has the Mach460 or 1000 audio system.  Now this will present a problem as the amps and subs sit in an enclosure under the rear deck, and going in from the rear seat is going to be the easiest option. As for the wiring, the easiest solution would be to make a hole in the grommet used for the throttle cable in the firewall.  It is made of rubber and you can use this to your advantage for some protection for the cable.  Now, had this been an auto, which it's not (because all Cobras are manuals unless modified), it would have been even easier as Ford provides a plastic cover where the clutch cable would be. 

Let me know if you need anything else, I can pretty much tell you anything you need to know about Mustangs.

Just for you Kent.

456034_1.jpg

i was refering to the trunk opening....well, mustangs do suck..lol

anyway...the mach460 is a joke...

but the box i built was designed to slide in from the seat...harhar...that's why chevy guys are smarter then ford guys..we think ahead like that...hehe

but tire is the ford guy...lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i was refering to the trunk opening....well, mustangs do suck..lol...but the box i built was designed to slide in from the seat...harhar...that's why chevy guys are smarter then ford guys..we think ahead like that...hehe

Damn strait. I built a box for a rustang that took up the whole trunk, it was for 2 l7 10's :lol:

I can get 4.5 cubes out of my trunk without using the side areas.

Update!!!

The kid who i was SUPPOSED (key word) to build the box for broke his leg, so the project has been sidelined for right now.

As for sliding it throught the backseat, thats not an option because i can't get the space i need. :(

UPDATE!!!!

Even though the kid can't drive(torn ACL), he had me pick up his car(mustang cobra....muahahahahaha) and build him his box.

Nonetheless it turned out pretty good, but i had to make a couple changes to accomodate some problems i ran into. But i think it turned out OK, although i'm not sure on the exact cubic feet or tuning anymore. :(

Although i do know it is more than 2 cubes, tuned to low to mid 30's.

I'll try and get pics when i can. :)