ok so i have a CDA-9887

Maybe its because i'm not using it to its full potential, maybe i'm just picky but man i am starting to really dislike this radio. Seems like it has a chitty tuner. Because after 2 months now i've finally managed to procure an antenna adapter for my car. And i can't get good reception on some local channels and there are some channels that were super strong i can't catch at all. Now i'm wishing i'd stuck with pioneer 880PRS like i originally wanted. Anyone know if this is normal? i don't have the multEQ tuner either so maybe if i had that i'd like my system more.

Also the 9887 is supposed to have 4.0V outputs, but i find this hard to believe because i had a JVC with 2.5V outputs and it seemed that the amps were noticibly stronger when i still had that radio. I don't know i'm just getting a little fed up with everything i put in my car from subwoofers to amps to decks. None of the subs i put in sound good anymore and the amps all seem weak. When i had the Avic D3 didn't seem to have that problem. So i don't know whats going on anymore. I might be selling a CDA 9887 soon who knows.