tezin87

Regular cab ranger build

What kind of car is that? I wanna say a riviera. But wat ever it is, it's a boat

Haha yeah it's huuuuge. It is a 1972 Grand Prix with only 53,000 original miles and all original. One of those sweet little old lady gorciery getter car stories.

Edited by KHARPS

Haha yeah it's huuuuge. It is a 1972 Grand Prix with only 53,000 original miles and all original. One of those sweet little old lady gorciery getter car stories.

very nice find. Also good work on the box. Kind of curious though on why you didnt do a wedge style box?

I didn't do a wedge because this was my first attempt at building a box and I wanted to stay simple. If you go to my "for sale" thread you can see the box that was in there before, which was made by a shop and it is 10.5''bd and 4.5''td @ 15'' high. Also, I only had room to put the port at the top which meant the top had to be at least 6.25'' for a 3'' aero. So I just made it 8'' deep at top and bottom but it is only 12'' high so it can fit under the lip on the back wall.

update: sax 100.2, knu ss karma rca's and speaker wire, Fi bl 10, and raam mat all should be arriving on Monday. Now I just need to get damn audiosavings.com to send me my P.G. rsd 6.5'' that I ordered on the 4th. They said they were celebrating their holdiday of Savuot? and were out of the office for a few days. Hopefully I will get them sometime next week and I can't start installing everything on the 21st.

Nice job, and I like the way the box looks. When I had my Ranger, my tweeters were mounted on the bezel around the handles, almost directly above the window cranks. That is one of the easiest spots, and you should have plenty of room behind the panel.

thanks man...that's kind of what I was thinking. Or that triangular piece up by where the a-pillar is kind of. Did you have trouble fitting 6.5's in the stock location or whatever size mid you went with?

thanks man...that's kind of what I was thinking. Or that triangular piece up by where the a-pillar is kind of. Did you have trouble fitting 6.5's in the stock location or whatever size mid you went with?

Mine was an extended cab that I used 5x7 plates front and rear with tweeters for a little extra. I was going to do either 6.5's or 5.25's but ended trading the truck in before I ever got that far. It sounded good with the plates, but needed more midrange to compensate for the four 15's I had also.

Oh ok. I had some 3/4'' left so I made some baffles this morning for the 6.5's. Turns out that 3/4'' is going make the speaker sit right up against the door panel, so I ordered some adapter plates off ebay. It only ended up being $13 with shipping so it was probably only a couple bucks more than buying some 1/2'' or a sheet of abs and making them myself. As for the tweeter, I think I'm going to take your advice and put them on that panel that goes around the door handle.

Here are some updated pictures:

The box doesn't look the best but it performs pretty great. Gets loud and low. It also pretty decent on normal music like Dave Matthews Band, Pink Floyd, Tom Petty, CCR, and whatever else I typically listen to. But it is a little too deep at the top so I'm going to have to find a way to build a new box that is a typical wedge style truck box with the port firing into a corner.

1001648qy7.th.jpg 1001649fs0.th.jpg

I don't like how the tweeter is mounted so I'm going to figure out a way to mount it inside the door panel.

1001650ui2.th.jpg

My batteries died when I was going to take pictures of the deadener under the carpet and behind the doors, so I'll have to get those later.

Also, I'm almost done with the BIG 3 but I'm waiting to do the battery + to alternator + when the new posts for my powermaster xs1200 gets in, then I'll have pictures of under the hood.

But all in all I'm very impressed with how everything sounds. The PG RSD 6.5's sound amazing for only being $87. The 10'' Bl gets loud and low, rediculously impressive for being one 10. And once the new battery is in I'm going to bring it to an audio-shop and have them dial the amps in with a scope. Raamat is the chit and last but not least the sundown 100.2 is sexy as hell.

Nice amp and sub.

Side note: I have to say it seems like 1 out of every 3 build logs I see now are cut short on pictures due to camera batteries dying.

for anyone that looks at this ( I don't think there are many), my passenger side mid and tweeter aren't working. I've only had them hooked up for about a week and I noticed they weren't working yesterday. I uninstalled them and tried hooking them up directly to the amp and they still didn't work. I'm pissed.