Sign in to follow this  
QuestionMan

Lowest/highest tuning on a BL youve heard

Right now i have my 18 bl in a ~6 ft^3 box (before port and sub disp.), tuned to 34 hz with a 3.75 x 20.5 in port (was supposed to be 4 inches, but i had a lil cutting error :)). Anyways, i'd like to try a few different boxes, some higher, some lower, some smaller, some bigger.

Fi has 30 hz as the lowest recomendation, and i'd like to see what the people who tuned to around this (or people who have heard a bl tuned to this) thought about it.

They also have 37 hz as they're highest, so have any of you tuned to that, if so, how'd you like it?

I realize a person who tunes to 30 hz is going a different path than someone tuning 37 hz, but i'd just like to see how each individual liked it...

Thanks for taking the time to read,

--Mitch

Also, as of now, my sub and port are facing the front of my truck. Would sub and port up make a noticeable difference?

im at 33 hrz

im at 33 hrz

How do you like it? To me it just doesn't seem like i'm getting low enough @ 34 ... I'd like to tune lower, but i also don't want to lose my upper range and loudness.. i'm terrible at decisions, lol.

I'm at 32hz and I don't think i would change it for anything else. Pounds the lows and handles most notes in the highs but you can defiantly tell when they're out of range. I'm in the process of adding another BL and building a new box but it'll still be tuned to 32hz

Edited by lost

Thanks for the input lost, i plan on making a couple boxes in the next few weeks. Anyone have any advice on the sub up, port up? I know its different for every vehicle, but don't most find that sub and port up yield best results? Also, if i were to do it sub/port up, i would have only have about .5" on two sides of the sub before they hit a wall, is that bad?

Edit: I just installed it last sunday(?), so i'll probably end up waiting a little while before building boxes, just so the sub is at its best.

Edited by QuestionMan

i like the way it sounds.. mine damn sure move some air... and make sound... ecromeans heard it.. thats the only person on here that i have met..

i like the way it sounds.. mine damn sure move some air... and make sound... ecromeans heard it.. thats the only person on here that i have met..

Yeah mines movin air, but i think i want more.. idk though i'll have to wait awhile and be positive before i throw some more money into it. I may be thinking about 2 18 SSDs (wouldn't have to change my amp or anything for that) so i'd be movin more air, but once again, i'm waiting it out and making this the best possible.

Yeah mines movin air, but i think i want more.. idk though i'll have to wait awhile and be positive before i throw some more money into it. I may be thinking about 2 18 SSDs (wouldn't have to change my amp or anything for that) so i'd be movin more air, but once again, i'm waiting it out and making this the best possible.

yeah let it break in.

Sign in to follow this