what do u think of this design i made...will it work?? fing05.gif

box:

W=37

D=23

H=19

port width=5

box volume=6.2

tuning frequency=32

i excluded aprox. 0.25 (ft3) for the sub...

the SUB should be in the middle of the box ..

f_boxhavoc1Xm_1c7c638.jpg

your opinions :drink40:

According to re audios box builder that is 6.0ft^3@30.8 before sub displacement. If you want it to be 6.2@32 make the box

w: 37

h: 19

d: 28

with a 7'' wide port that goes 7'' before the back wall and turns another 12'' to the side. That should make it 6.15@32 according to re's box builder.

According to re audios box builder that is 6.0ft^3@30.8 before sub displacement. If you want it to be 6.2@32 make the box

with a 7'' wide port that goes 7'' before the back wall and turns another 12'' to the side. That should make it 6.15@32 according to re's box builder.

Their site doesnt calculate sub displacement..... says it does, but it doesnt

what program did you use to design that?

SketchUp...not much time

i made a mistake there ...it should be W=38 ..as i used RE slot port calc with W=38" , H=19" ,D=23" and square port w=5" ,s.port L1=17.25", s.port L2=2" ...and than i took 1" off the Width for the SUB volume.....to get the 6.3 ft3 ...and around 32.5 Hz

... if someone knows a better calculation .... go ahead fing05.gif

and is it good for the port to be on the side ... and the SUB in the middle of the BOX ?

6.2 at 32Hz will work well. I prefer 8 at 28 for a really bottom heavy setup :)

How would you do that, what dimensions, looking at this sub myself and need a box so any help much appreciated

:neil:

and is it good for the port to be on the side ... and the SUB in the middle of the BOX ?

Doesn't matter as long as the baffle is braced. Just make sure you account the bracing in your int vol calculation. It will be a significant amount given the size of your box. I built a similar box awhile ago and I put the speaker closer the one side. Then braced the middle of the box with some 2x4s.

I did exactly that in a 94 Chevy p/u. That thing plays seriously low and loud! I turned the lowpass filter down to 40 hz and everything would shake violently. Pretty cool!