Sign in to follow this  
JonnieBlaze

Question about distribution blocks

Hey everyone,

I need a distribution block that will input 1/0 gauge wire and output two 4 gauge wires and two 8 gauge wires. Or alternatively a distribution block that will input a 1/0 gauge wire and output three 4 gauge wires then another block that will input a 4 gauge wire and output two 8 gauge wires.

But what I'm thinking, is just for a little more money I can get a second battery, hook the 1/0 gauge up to the positive post, then hook all the other wires up to the positive post without a need for the distribution blocks. I'd be spending just a little more money (the smallest powermaster battery on ebay is about $90..not sure if that'd even be beneficial) but I'd be getting another battery and not these distribution blocks.

Now would I need fuses on the two 4 gauge and the two 8 gauge wires that'd be directly on the battery or would the two fuses on the 1/0 gauge from the first battery be enough?

I'm not looking at this from the standpoint of "I have so many things that I need more batteries!" I'm just thinking it would be worth the couple extra bucks to get the battery instead of buying distribution blocks.

i would advise putting fuses on the wires if u go with another battery

there are plent of distros out there that do 1/0 in and 4-4awg out, which would work fine in ur situation

Also on the note of dropping gauges sizes.. everytime you do so, fuse that smaller wire.

Stinger SHD821.

Accepts two 1/0 inputs and four 4 gauge or 8 gauge outputs.

ur wanting to get a fused distro right?

Yeah, if I go the distribution block way. I was just thinking instead of spending $40 on distribution blocks, go ahead and spend an extra $50 to get an extra battery for the back and I wouldn't need the distribution block because everything could be hooked directly up to one post on the battery. But I wasn't thinking that every power wire leaving the battery would need its own fuse. But I guess it would still be best to get a fused distrobution block even if I do get an extra battery. So since I need the block whether I get a battery or not, I won't get the battery...I was just getting it so I could play longer without the car on. Maybe I'll get one later...who knows.