Sign in to follow this  
tezin87

Fi Bl aeroport help

I'm going to build a truck-style enclosure for a Fi Bl10 with a 3'' aero. Dimensions are w: 38 h: 12 d1: 6 d2:8

This is 1.217ft^3 internally. After the bl10 displacement it comes out to roughly 1.1ft^3.

When determining the port length, online calculators asks for:

Volume of Box in Cubic Feet

Tuning frequency

Port diameter

Number of Ports

I want to end up with a tuning of somewhere around 33-35hz, depending on how long of a port will fit in my box.

So......

Do I put 1.1 in "Volume of Box" or do I have to figure out a proposed port length first, then find its displacement, then subtract its displacement from 1.1, and finally enter that value in "Volume of Box"?

I know this is a confusing question but any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, would there be much of a difference in sound between 1.1@33 vs. .85@35? The reason I'm building a new box is because the one I have now is too deep at the top. And the port is firing up and I'm hearing a lot of port noise. I want to try and fire the port into the passenger side corner.

im no pro just a beginner and still learning about box building but the one thing ive noticed is that its probably just easier to choose the airspace u want for your sub and then build a little bigger to compensate for port, sub, and bracing displacements. i'll be using the link below to calculate my areo's. i could be wrong but that just seems more logical imo. u might also need a bigger port to reduce that port noise.

linear team

Edited by nickeveready