Sign in to follow this  
frankyp00

Keep em or sell em

So anyway, my brother owns a towing business/ Car parts yard (aka junk yard) ...

And he acquires many things. So he acquired one of those industrial sized Optima Yellow tops and a Regular Optima yellow top.

I am building my system and a battery was my next step. He gave them both to me, and I was wondering if I should keep them or sell them and put in a large Powermaster or something???

Both are brand new, still in the plastic rappers

Keep them why spend money when its free..lol but yet it depends on what setup or system you are installing powermaster are great batts but i myself have 2 yellow tops to 2 1500d crunch amps and they work just fine.

i would get them tested and keep the big one as a second battery depending on the size of the other one as a maybe a starting battery? i say test them because just cuz they look new doesnt mean they havent been sitting for a while. and also if i remeber correctly optima are good batteries but for the money you can do better.

i run a wrecker company here in texas my self,

o yeah keep the yellow tops if thay are free thats why i run

Just thinking about getting into having 1 large battery under the hood, so that if I want to test it out in a comp "one day" ... then it'll be in the 1 battery class. Been a while since I read the rules but I think thats the street classes